Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Stickin the arse out on a hardtail
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

Any tips for diggin in and kickin out ala Danny Hart & stylish foes?

Feels good in Autumn leaves.

_tom_
    Free Member

Same as on a full sus..

mikey74
    Free Member

Ride fast and steer with the hips, and look where you want to go

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Thanks Mikey.
    No thanks Tom.

With the hips it is.

_tom_
    Free Member

Sorry I was being a bit of a knob earlier, was in a mood cos I haven’t ridden properly today as my wrists and hands are too sore (I’ll let you make up your own jokes there) 😆

I’ve started to get the hang of whipping in the past few weeks. Firstly pick a way you’re comfortable whipping.. jump as normal then as mikey says push/twist with your hips and legs, but try to keep the front wheel straight so you can land it smoothly. Seems to be working for me anyway.

edit – I just realised you might not be talking about jumping/whips as you mentioned leaves.

5lab

easy way to do a whip is just turn the front wheel about 1-2′ before the lip of the jump. Doing it that way does make it a little tricky to get it back in line though..

wwaswas

*sits back and waits for follow up post “Injured: how do I get my bike straight again after a whip”*

[edit] or are you asking how to do skids? In which case the lynch mob will be along shortly.

orena45

Sounds to me like the OP means drifting rather than moto-whips. Unfortunately I can’t really do either

steezysix
    Free Member

How to drift a BMX

Like this, but bigger wheels!

corroded
    Free Member

I think th OP means drifting. Sadly I can only do it on one side (out to the left). Use your hips and unweight the rear wheel.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Skids are for kids but I you really want to do it watch the vid and listen to the fat little redneck, he’ll help you along.
    I’m sure it’ll end up slower in the long run but man, you’ll look cool…dude!

globalti
    Free Member

Get a road bike. Much faster, more thrilling and you don’t have to wash everything at the end of the ride.

^ drifting/skidding a road bike is only going to end in tears and replacement rear tyre every couple of rides 😕

mrblobby
    Free Member

YouTube comments on that video are up to the usual standards!

GW
    Free Member

drifting a roadbike on a loose road surface is one of the most amazing feelings in the world, when it goes right 😉 and a good enough reason never to wear lycra incase it doesn’t.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Definately not skids…just “getting the arse round the corner”. For round right angles and the such.

Cheers peeps, morning ride was a thrill, steering from the hips. Literally “feel the steel2.

And _tom_ I get jonesey for riding too.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Stickin the arse out on a hardtail’ is closed to new replies.