Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Steroids and Going Mental
  • ratherbeintobago

Apart from anything 280lb is hardly freakishly large and I doubt the doctors would be overly worried about putting somenoe that size under?

127kg's not that big; in the context of rampant steroid abuse that's not what would worry me – I'd be more concerned about the resulting uncontrolled blood pressure/heart disease/liver damage etc.

Andy

DOI: FRCA.

coffeeking
    Free Member

127kg's not that big; in the context of rampant steroid abuse that's not what would worry me – I'd be more concerned about the resulting uncontrolled blood pressure/heart disease/liver damage etc.

This was kind of my point, the story emphasises their size, not the underlying problems. Sounds like it's written by someone pretending to be something they're not and writing about things they've not actually experienced. (IMO)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

he was only 5'9 or something in that story – so he would be big. over 19 stone.

geminafantasy
    Free Member

Whilst not condoning steroid use, I think a few people on here are getting confused between abuse and use. Steroids cannot be classed as one drug in terms of health dangers, for example oral Dianabol is much worse than injectable Nandrolone.

Just to keep things in perspective, if you look at the popular 'dependancy Vs health risk' graph, steroids are way down on the list, alcohol and even tobacco is much higher.

graph here

In most cases, try and view the health warnings of drugs much in the way you would look at the contraindications on the back of a paracetemol packet.

Also, I think I remember learning there were no known provable links to aggressive behaviour and taking steroids, too many variables, but I have had enough stories, on here and personally, that leads me to believe there is a link.

Even so, don't be silly, just get your muscles the old fashioned way, hard work!

Cougar

he had a piece of raw meat on his head?

Was it a case of mis-steak-en identity?

ton

steroids are so 90's…………..growth hormone is where it is at now.
    strips your fat down and piles the mass on.
    as used by super league and heineken premier players off season……… 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Good job she's still only about 23lbs.

…. and counting…

Curly68
    Free Member

I used them in my bodybuilding days. Never had much of a problem and I was working the doors as well, to pay for them.
    Only time I lost my temper was when dieting down for a competition. Calories low, still working two jobs, training etc. Hardest thing I have ever done!

jacko54321
    Free Member

you guys need to check out a guy called Greg Valentino, you will never do roids again!

soulwood
    Free Member

The basic lesson here is that drugs and alcohol are not good mixed together in large amounts. I remember a guy in East London several years ago, took "E's" and drank lots at a party. He turned up at A&E convinced he was having a heart attack. Due to his pretty unstable and aggressive state he wasn't treated and he then turned the waiting area upside down while all the patients fled and the nursing staff/doctors locked the doors and took shelter. Police arrived and had to use baton strikes on him that had no affect whatsoever. He was eventually "subdued" and taken in. The following morning he had to be carried out of his cell as both his kneecaps were on the wrong side of his knee due to all the baton strikes. He had never been in trouble with police before and was a law abiding citizen.

hora
    Free Member

Greg Valentino

Just googled him. Jeesus. That has to be self-denial/slide into a mental state of illness?

woody2000

W T F!

singletrackhor
    Free Member

An old colleague started taking them, his mood changed and he became aggressive.
    3 months down the line he went on gardening leave as nobody could work with him.

steer well clear of them.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Greg Valentino was injecting an oil called synthol (I think) into his arms to make them appear so massive. Although he was also taking steroids (aswell as dealing them and various class A drugs) the freak size of his arms comes from the synthol injections.

When you look at the people most likely to use/ abuse steroids, bearing in mind they are illegal, and potentially dangerous drugs then it maybe paints a skewed picture of just how severe or widespread roid rage is.

Clong
    Free Member

There is so much BS that's surrounds the use of steroids, that if you look hard enough you can link the use of them to anything you like.

Having trained with many people that have used them & from having frequent discussions about the subject, i can't say that they are any more or less aggresive. Those that are aggressive, tend to be aggresive any way and those that were laid back remained so.

Go into any A&E department on a friday/saturday night, and i would argue that alcohol is the biggest trigger for aggresive behviour.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

ChrisL – Member
    I was on steroids for a while and it didn't appear to affect my temper.

Probably dexamethasone. Still a horrible drug, but not an anabolic, so no effect on muscle mass etc. Can still cause some of the unpleasant side effects, and is known to cause temporary psychosis in some people, but in a very unpredictable manner. First time I was on Dex I had a bit of paranoia, that people around me knew more about my condition than I did etc, but been on dex twice since and apart from horrendous stomach problems and unwanted weight gain not too many problems. Felt crap when they finished though, almost a withdrawl type situation for a fortnight or so, but I'd been on the dex for 3 months or so. Been on a reducing dose for about 2 months as well. so was a bit surprised how bad I felt finishing the meds. Just keep my fingers crossed whenever I go to clinic that none of the medics choose to restart me on it.

Re anabolics, no doubt they have effects on aggression etc, but an individuals personality must have something to do with it, doorman, fighter, etc, in that there is an element of aggression in their own nature anyway.

hora
    Free Member

Why can't there be a steriod that affects the penis? Why is it always EVERYTHING around it but not that area?!!! 😆

jacko54321
    Free Member

thwang-01
    Free Member

what happens 9 times out of 10 its the users mind set after taking them bigger they get the harder they think they are and if they take 50mg of dianabol a day and put on 3/4bls a week instead of cycling the dosage and time scale they up the dosage and use it for a longer period then you get toxins building up in your liver that you need to remove.

epicyclo

hora – Member
    Why can't there be a steriod that affects the penis?…

The cure was on here a week or two ago. It involved self-flagellation with nettles…

juiced
    Free Member

Personally I believe in 'roid rage. It's hardly a new area. Read about it years ago in body building mags. (probably 15 yrs ago) Even then and probably way before, the leading publications were aware of it. Suppose it's a question of severity and effect though, which wouldn't be as clear and decisive and changes through different use and trends over the years.

juiced
    Free Member

Suppose different folks make different choices.

Drac

It's been known about way before then juiced, sounds more like that was when you first heard of it.

hora
    Free Member

The cure was on here a week or two ago. It involved self-flagellation with nettles…

I heard that you had to smack yourself with a cricketbat 😉

DrP

Just to add to the discussion – often people taking medical doses of steroids (prednisolone/dex etc) suffer 'steroid psychosis' where they become profoundly confused/agitated/psychotic….
    Can occur if they come off them too quickly as well. I've dealt with many people with this unfortunately…..

DrP

badnewz
    Free Member

So it seems that there is a link overall between steroid use and psychosis.
    I knew someone from school who had been taking them for a long-time, then went nuts attacking someone in his car with a hammer, went to prison, was released and killed himself.
    I think the steroids could have been the thing that tipped him over the edge, making attempts at changing his life futile.

monkeychild
    Free Member

My mate attacke his dog with an ironing board because it barkwd at him in a roid rage. V random and v worrying too and a bit funny i mean an ironing board wtf??? It aint wwf wrestling.

scaredypants

About 15-20yr ago I used to get my hair cut by a lad who was very muscly. He'd won a couple of national titles I think, a few yr before that and was out of training but stil a big lad.

I asked him about steroids and how many of his mates had had problems and, that long ago, ha said that nobody who's serious does steroids any more – jus the nutters who just want to hurt people. He'd been on insulin & HGH.

From that comment alone, I reckon roid-ragers may be a self-selecting group

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

monkeychild

My mate attacke his dog with an ironing board because it barkwd at him in a roid rage. V random and v worrying too

Damn right it's worrying. What sort of mentalist gives his dog roids? Can hardly blame it for barking at him.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Lol, doh to my morning english.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"The cure was on here a week or two ago. It involved self-flagellation with nettles…"

No, you have to repeatedly flick elastic bands at your helmet for an hour a day.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I once ate a party size tub of E45 and went blind for a week, does that count?

scaredypants

I imagine you probably shat your eyeballs there MrNutt – who sieved your poo ?

spacemonkey

It took six cops in full PPE to "subdue" him which involved all standing on his limbs and taking it in turns to hit him about the head with their asps.

By the end of it there were eight people in hospital no doors left on the hinges and blood literally up the walls. I went in the next day to clear up and there were bloody handprints all over the windows where people had struggled to get them open to jump out and escape.

All this done by a man who I had been laughing and joking with minutes earlier.

That's not nice … however, one of my mates "achieved" the same purely through a combination of booze, his "attitude" and a history of drug abuse (mainly trips and ectasy). Abbreviated version = he got kicked out of a club for physically threatening his girlfried > went outside > heard his sister was nearby with his girlfriend > decided he wanted to pretty much do them both in > chased them back to his sister's house > smashed up her house and car (and I mean literally) > attacked his sister > she managed to call 999 > police arrived and it took five of them to subdue him … house was a **** mess with doors ripped off and blood up the walls etc (and her car was properly smashed up). She pressed charges, as did his girlfriend, but both relented within a couple of days and he got away with nothing more than a slap on the wrist. This did my **** head in. Whilst I could kind of understand them not wanting to see him go down (in some way or other), I couldn't understand how the police had no choice/jurisdiction to press charges anyway.

What **** me off is he went on to do similar things in his next couple of relationships (though not to that extent thankfully), yet he got off on every occasion.

The whole system **** sucks and it pi55es me right off.

Sorry for the "hijack" and rant – I just feel strongly about this type of sh1t.

MikeG

I've been on prednisolone since xmas to try and get ulcerative colitis under control, I'm now almost at the end of the course and am feeling ok but for a few months was proper loopy, I'm normally really laid back but any dose higher than about 20mg and the red mist just comes on with no warning, I also put on nearly 3 stone – unfortunately it's definately not muscle 🙁

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Steroids and Going Mental’ is closed to new replies.