Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Steel City Mini DH
  • Tracey

Katie and me are entered. Who else is doing it on Saturday ?

Anyone know what condition the track is in with all the rain we have had ?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I was doing it.

I went to get familiar with the track the other weekend. Conditions were very, very slippy and everyone was struggling (even some Steve Pete Syndicate pro guys that were there).

I ended up landing on a slimy root, bouncing into two trees and breaking my hand!

I suggest Maxxis Swampthings as a minimum! Good luck!!

Tracey

Sorry to here that, Abigale cant enter due to broken arm. Going snowboarding in 3 weeks so dont want any more injuries

racing_ralph
    Free Member

What makes it a “mini” DH?

garethh
    Free Member

While i’d love to sandbag the competition by saying its dry and dusty perfectly suited to semi slicks, sadly its not. We went on Sunday and it was a slop fest already after probably 50 runs. What it will be like after practice on Sat I hate to think, keeping in a straight line through the mud was difficult and I stacked it twice in 3 runs before I slowed down a bit. Expect plenty of crashes. Unfortunatley I was a bit disappointed with the track, though I know it will be taped differently on Saturday. Mud tyres all the way!

Tracey

Think its the length of the track

Northwind

People were complaining that the track was too fast and easy after the videos went up… Seems they might be about to change their tune!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Well it’s not really anything like a DH track is it?

Still that wasn’t really the point of it as it’s supposed to be open to non-DHers (although looking at the line up there’s a suspicious number of ex-pro, semi-pro and magazine riders!)

matthew_h
    Free Member

I’m racing. Looking forward to it even after riding the course yesterday.

Minions for me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Steel City Mini DH’ is closed to new replies.