Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Stans Flow and UST Tyres?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

following on from my what rim thread – just wondered and wanted to confirm that ust tyres go on a breeze on flows? please tell me they do as im swapping from xm819s which are a breeze with proper UST tyres to seal….

so any maxxis ust tyre/flow rims users out there want to give me piece of mind? 🙂

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Have run Crossmarks, High Rollers and now using ADvantages. All LUST. All went on easy, never used a compressor. All had been previously used on my 819’s though, unsure if that makes a difference?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

sounds promising off 1 reply! ill be coming from xm819s too so that sounds like those tyres should work as they are running fine at the mo

Yetiman
    Free Member

I’ve been running Flows for a couple of years now, having previously run 823’s and 819’s, and I haven’t had any problems inflating UST or tubeless compatible tyres. Non-UST tyres can be a bit of a minefield but even then most will inflate with a bit of time and effort and a whole load of milk.

Northwind

My Nevegal USTs fitted fine. But then so did most other tyres. UST is like dualply IMO, a useful option and something some people might benefit from but not the best option for most.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Never had a really tight tyre on a Flow, Crests however are a different matter!

Edit: I swapped from 819s to Flows and used Maxxis tyres with them, absolutely no issues and no burping like the 819s.

rondo101
    Free Member

LUST High Roller, ADvantage and Laarsen TT all went on my Crest/Arch combo with minimal fuss. No issues with seating with a track pump and valve core removed.

Superficial
    Free Member

I don’t know if it’s worth taking the weight penalty for UST though – my “Tubeless-ready” Nobby Nics went up straight away and a standard folding high-roller wasn’t much more difficult. I’d take a bit more initial faff for lighter weight.

The burping doesn’t seem to be such an issue as people make out – I suspect this is to do with the fact that Flows are fairly wide (compared to 819s, for example). I.e. You don’t need the bead to lock in to the rim quite so well.

Rockape
    Free Member

Ardents on flows here! Very easy to fit. No problems at all.

bighendo
    Free Member

Ignitor 2.1 LUST on Flow
    WD40 or soapy water
    easy peasy!! 🙂

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

wooohooo! cheers guys for that, made my day! sounds just as easy, cant wait now!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Stans Flow and UST Tyres?’ is closed to new replies.