Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Stans Crest 29er
  • Gotama
    Free Member

How strong are they? I’ve always liked Hope hubs as they’ve been reliable but just looking at wheel options and they only seem to do the 29er hoops in the Stans Crest. They’re going to be put on an AM hardtail, I’m 14.5 stone and they will be taken to the alps (one trip a year), poss raced in the new ish breed of enduro races and subjected to being bashed over small jumps (flytipper and judges step for those that know surrey hills). Are the Crests going to get knocked out of shape pretty quickly or will they survive for a while?

The other option of having some Hopes built with the flow 29er comes out quite expensive. I looked at the Sun Charger wheels but hub longevity concerns me a bit……but having said that i could buy two sets for the same price as hope with flows!

shortcut

I think the crests may be a little light for you. How about getting some Arch rims built up.

Gotama
    Free Member

I presume the Arch rims will come out at nearly the same as the Flows which was £470. Or are they a much cheaper rim to start off with?

Just phoned Hope and they couldn’t commit to doing a flow 29er hoop, just a maybe at the moment.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I got Hope Pro 2s on Stans Archs built by Just Riding Along, you’ll get them for £335 a pair.

great service, fast turn around and true as true could be after a year of riding (I’m 13 stone).

Gotama
    Free Member

Thanks Ben, will drop them a line

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

No worries,I should add that price is using DT Revolution spokes which were £27 per wheel, I think DT Competions are about £20 per wheel

Gotama
    Free Member

£356 for a pair of Flows which seems a lot more reasonable. Very helpful on the phone too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Stans Crest 29er’ is closed to new replies.