Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Stag do in Chester. Where?
  • Pook

It’s my stag do in a few weeks. I like real ale. I also like a good curry.

Where should I point my best man at to start the evening off?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Out of the train station straight ahead to ‘gate of india’ down to Harkers for real ale, then into city centre (mill hotel is on the way that also serves real ale) Malboro Arms (real ale but a bit old) for a few opposite Cruise, then into Cruise to feel old. Head off to platinum lounge to look at strippers then stumble back the way you came.

maccruiskeen

The Hollyoaks Theme Park, although be prepared to queue for the Gordon Cunningham Flume.

ste_t
    Free Member

Dont bother with Platinum lounge. They got proper offended when they showed me the ‘price list’ and I asked’Whats above £15?’ Apparently nothing….

davidjones15
    Free Member

Bear and Billet…

It used to be OK, as was Clavertons before the changes.
    http://www.fatcatcafebars.co.uk/

grtdkad
    Free Member

In to “the train station straight ahead to” the train, with a ticket to the Toon. Hit the Bigg Market & the Cloth Market. Jobs a goodun!!

HtH 😉

sharkbait
    Free Member

If you go to Harkers you can walk out of the door and straight into the (massive) new Indian opposite. Very nice inside and really good food, not your usual curry house.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Did you like the food their sharkbait? I went and it was like a supermarket ready meal. It had just opened though so might be worth me going back to see what it’s like now (any excuse for a curry) 🙂

Harkers is the starting point for many a good night.

davidjones15
    Free Member

There is an award winning curry house on Brook Street. I’m not sure what the award is though.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Merrionxiz???

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member
    flippinheckler
    Free Member

I was in the Albion on Monday night, there a big sign as you go in saying they do not want Stag or Hen Nights! Its a great Pub though great food and ale.

Dark-Side

looks good not been though . . .

I have and its not very good unfortunately, though they do serve Brooklyn Beer on draft.

The Commercial is a nice spot for a drink atmosphere wise, not great for real ale though.

Dark-Side

I can’t believe Rosie’s hasn’t been suggested yet.

SiB
    Free Member

If you’re under 30yrs old I wouldnt bother with Chester, tis fine for ‘local’ style pubs though.

tazzymtb

what the hell happened to the bear and billet? it used to be a fantastic old boozer in the early 90’s looks like a twee theme pub now 😯

clavertons used to be ace as well.

Good ales used to be available at the boot up in the rows (infamous bawdy house from the 1600’s)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Stag do in Chester. Where?’ is closed to new replies.