Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • SSUK09 ~ 50 places left before we’re Full
  • SSUK09
    Free Member

Been having a tot up before we post all the lucky entrants names on the website and finally had a count up

We have a maximum of 50 places left for the race!

We are trying our best to get everything in place before the event so don’t go leaving it till the last minute as once there gone we are full, there will not be any “on the day” entries.

Thanks to all those who have already entered, you names will be up on the site before long

Hope everyone likes the new logo 🙂

Event Entries

MrCat
    Free Member

I was thinking.

Last time I raced XC I used to carry energy gels and isotonic drinks. Would ginsters pasties and a tin of guiness be more suitable for SSUK09 ??

sheldona
    Free Member

Yes Ginsters Energy bars and Guiness isotonic are the way forward.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    miketually
    Free Member

I think I had malt loaf and jelly babies last time.

father
    Free Member

Ginsters and Black Sheep (The beer not the mutton) would be more suited to Dalby.

I think I should be on the list for this year if number one son remembered to register our entries.

father
    Free Member

Ginsters and Black Sheep (The beer not the mutton) would be more suited to Dalby.

I think I should be on the list for this year if number one son remembered to register our entries.

miketually
    Free Member

Black Sheep (The beer not the mutton)

Theakstons is pretty near too. And Hambleton Ales (http://www.hambletonales.co.uk/).

JohnClimber
    Free Member

We have a maximum of 50 places left for the race

And I knocked off early to make sure I got in 🙄

sadexpunk

i just need to find a singlespeed first 🙁

JohnClimber
    Free Member

sadexpunk – Are you from Lincoln? Finally we may meet up.

SSUK09
    Free Member

Entry list will be going up this week, we had an excellent responce, but those few extra entries mean you guys get more goodies

Course is looking excellent and more importantly entertainment and the beer and food is all falling into place ~ Get to go and sample the beers this week

Think there are around 40 spaces left now, so you best be quick 🙂

sadexpunk

i am indeed john. and sadly you wont be meeting me at all if i havent got a ss by then 🙁

hope to see you sometime tho 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

Dave if you do not get sorted I will lend you one,
    this ok
    🙂

sadexpunk

ooh rich….youre a bad lad 🙂

s’very kind of you matey. im not sure im entirely comfortable borrowing other peoples pride and joy in case i fall off or damage it. but ill seriously consider that, and thank you very much 🙂

ill be back at you shortly 🙂

Scootash
    Free Member

How long is the race?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

How long is the race?

Stop using the race word……

Some people manage just one of the normal 3 or 4 laps but drink beer half way round shouting and gearing at the “racers”

miketually
    Free Member

Some people manage just one of the normal 3 or 4 laps but drink beer half way round shouting and gearing at the “racers”

In 2007 drj0n didn’t make it as far as the start line. I did 2 of the 3 laps in 2006 and 3/4 of one lap in 2007.

Scootash
    Free Member

How long’s the lap and how long is the cycling part of the event taking place, then? 8 miles and 4 hours?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

How long’s the lap and how long is the cycling part of the event taking place, then? 8 miles and 4 hours?

Chill out, just ride your bike at whatever speed you want to and stop riding when you want to.

miketually
    Free Member

The ones I went to were about three laps, taking about two hours in total. Usually, once the “winners” cross the line after their last lap, the race is over and everyone just finishes whatever lap they’re on.

The ‘race’ itself is just a teeny tiny part of the weekend. Meeting up and drinking beer is more important.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Meeting up and drinking beer is more important.

Yeh, but don’t tell the wife when I’m going out on my “training” rides

SSUK09
    Free Member

I prefer to call it “A big ride out, with a bunch of mates, as fast as you feel fit”

Sure there will be a handful of “race heads”, bet they won’t be the ones stupid dancing at 2am on Sunday morning ~ which would you rather be 🙂

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

i bet they are.

postierich
    Free Member

Dave will have to drop off on the way up there as we are camping for the week before the weekend .
    You could always come down to Cannock to find your SS legs the week before and pick up and I will sort you out a girly gear. 😉

ton

if anyone mention s the word race again, i will de-underkeg them…. 😉

miketually
    Free Member

You flirt, ton 😉

sadexpunk

im liking the sound of it rich, so ill see what i can sort out. in the meantime, ill still keep on looking and hopefully be sorted by then.

thanks ever so much for the offer dood and i may take you up on it. and pop down the weekend before too. dont know too much about the girly gear, i just thought 2:1 was the law. and us ex-punks dont like breaking the law, you understand? 😉

miketually
    Free Member

Only 74 days and 8 hours to wait!

Anyone going up for the Friday night too? Where are you staying?

tommid
    Free Member

Miketually I was planning on going up on the Friday. Not sure where I will stay. Didnt want to come back until the Monday either as I hate the racing then driving, would rather race then beer and relax.

D0NK

Hmm is it just me or is the date of the actual event not published anywhere on the official website?

I mean yeah sure you can check the countdown timer then go to calendar on your phone and press the > button 74times like I did….but a date might be nice…

or am I taking it too seriously already? 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

im struggling to get the sat and sun night off bugger

ski
    Free Member

We were/are planning to make a long weekend of it, fancy seeing if we can make a offroad route to Scarborough from the site on the Friday.

Pexton Moor Farm had camping spaces locally for £10 a night.

Would be nice to be able to camp for a bit longer on site though.

miketually
    Free Member

DONK – first weekend in June. And, yes, it’s just you 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

I was planning on leaving work early on Friday and getting up there for Friday night (5 hours @ 12MPH). Would be nice to get a group from here in the same place for Friday night as I’m going on my own. I can always set off early on Saturday morning though, so it’s not a big issue.

ton

mike, i am camping friday..

miketually
    Free Member

But I might mention the ‘R’ word!

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Where’s you camping Fri Ton, The campsite on the gate is handy but the Fox & Rabbit has beer and good food hmmmmmm

miketually
    Free Member

Where are you camping ton?

sheldona
    Free Member

Is this the same John Climber who races his t**s off at last years SSUK?

🙂

The Knights of Niche are camping in a secret location on Fri/Sat/Sun, we’re that niche we have our own SSUK going on 🙂

SSUK09
    Free Member

The nearest campsite to the venue is High Rigg Farm, it’s in the Forest itself, it’s a flattish 10 min ride from the main site and directly opposite the Fox and Rabbit pub on the other side of the valley, about 15min walk ~ Has full facilities too, for those that don’t want to smell

We should all be kicking around on the Friday night but your entry only covers you for on-site camping on the Saturday night, the Forestry wanted a load more money to extend it beyond one night 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘SSUK09 ~ 50 places left before we’re Full’ is closed to new replies.