• This topic has 68 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by igm.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • SSUK
  • MrSparkle

Great course despite climb!
    Pat on the back to organisers. Shame TOD didn't last, hey ho.
    As always had great craic with some lovely people, particularly our 'neighbours' in the very yellow Fiat and 'Team More Power' aka 3 Jocks and a Paddy.

flatfish
    Free Member

Shame Sheldons mum wasn't there though. 😯

MrSparkle

Steady.
    Had a bit of a chat with the Wok fella, too. Crazy dog. Not Sheldon, I mean the Springer.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TheSwede
    Free Member

Sheldon who?

postierich
    Free Member

Thought the course was pretty pants 😕 needed more natural ST and stop putting in the stupid regulation hill push bit it aint funny.
    And was the Real Ale alcohol free? had severals pints but had no effect!!!

Well done to the event organisers though for their efforts 😉

MrSparkle

@The Swede
    Innit. Saw some other crazy dude with an odd ankle to calf imbalance…

tazzymtb

it was a jolly nice event, even though I was very quiet and subdued for me. I'll be back to my more chatty bouncy me next time

robkhoo
    Free Member
    TheSwede
    Free Member

I overheard an old guy with a look of complete contempt mutter as I pootled by " I didn't know there were so many idiots in the world". Kept a smile on my face for quite a while.

TheSwede
    Free Member

tazzymtb

it was a jolly nice event, even though I was very quiet and subdued for me
    That will be the cans of coke and off to bed at nine then. 😉

tazzymtb

That will be the cans of coke and off to bed at nine then.

that'll be F**kin work bollox waiting for me tomorrow 😥

and a hip flask of absinthe and some beer during the vaguely competitive* pootle didn't help either

* for the few folks in lycra who went for it

stevemakin
    Free Member

great weekend, thanks to the organisers

some snaps and vids of the dance off here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45689323@N00/sets/72157624605968383/

psling
    Free Member

Hey tazzy, we got to see your nipple – what more could an event need 😯

The site was brilliant, lush grass, mostly level, views to die for and a classy sunset on Friday night. Plus I got to see implements I never new existed 8) The course wasn't quite so level mind…

Only minor criticism; what happened to breakfast on Sunday?

Great event, thanks to organisers, marshals, helpers, et al. And full marks to the guy that cleaned the hill… twice!

tazzymtb

Hey tazzy, we got to see your nipple – what more could an event need

well I wasn't going to get my garnished gentleman's vegetables out in front of you weirdos for only a bottle opener 😀

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Great weekend, climb was a bitch, but the descent was fun, I think I was the last person to start after finding my bike in a stream!! I know it was a stream as i got wet recovering it. Pity about the lack of guided ride on Sunday, but found a great cafe in Llandovery for breakfast on Sunday morning, and then rode Cwn Carn on the way back. Kudos to the guy with the Jaffa Cakes, I had Si from Cotic stood behind me, who was just shaking his head and chuckling the whole way through, I also walked away with a nice shiny Jethro Tule, just for turning up at registration whilst having a beer, I knew my 'race' prep would yield results one day..

..so next year then?

adeward
    Free Member

great weekend,, i managed to keep my frily shirt clean ish,,
    great course,, despite the pushing but the beer and flapjack at the top was worth it ,,
    the minibike final was great ,, but cant believe we got beaten in the tug of war final ,, all i won was a bottle and i had to wrestle it off a nine year old

sheldona
    Free Member

As usual a great weekend gathering of Gods.
    Massive Thanks to Matt, Andy and the team for all the effort that went in to organising the event (I know now what has to be done to get an event like this off the ground) It takes a lot more work than you think!

I'm not going to be eating any jaffa cakes for a while however looking forward to the Cotic arriving 😉

Got some videos of the dance off due to be uploaded sometime today see here

Great to see so many happy people enjoying the weekend togeather. I understand there is no location for next year just yet? Come on step up!!! It'll be a shame not to have SSUK in the years calendar.

adeward
    Free Member

Ayatolla I should have bought Preston along but he would have upset your dawgs, not good especialy as we were parked next to your, settelement

singlespeedstu

Another thanks to the organisers and marshals for another great event.

I understand there is no location for next year just yet? Come on step up!!! It'll be a shame not to have SSUK in the years calendar.

You could always put yourself forward. 😉

Afterall how hard can it be… 😉

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Aye, great weekend … always a good chance to catch up with folks. It's also a great chance to see next years niche now, before it hits the trails. 😉

We're any of the snappers on the descent there in a pro' capacity?

Aidan
    Free Member

Another fine SSUK 🙂

Great course, great catering, great location, great marshals, generally great!

Regarding next year, myself and a friend of mine did talk to Matt about our ideas for 2011. We just need to make some phone calls to potential venues before we can make a solid proposal.

clubber
    Free Member

So who is 'deciding' on the host venue for SSUK11? we might be interested…

b_man
    Free Member

Great weekend, my head is still recovering, legs are fine

I have some pic's from the descent which I will post up somewhere once my camera has charged…

Aidan
    Free Member

I had had a beer or two when I was talking to Matt, so I can't remember exactly what he said about how the venue is decided but he's probably a good person to ask in the first place.

kelvin

Weeeee…..

clubber
    Free Member

Matt who? (I wasn't there though several of our guys were)

Blackhound

A fight would be the best way to decide on next years event;-)

Hope to be there again whoever wins the punch-up, enjoyed this years race, except for the climb….. Not so fit so really sore today after 3 laps and a lap of Brechfa yesterday.

My thanks to all involved in putting it on – always harder than it looks. The massive barn was great and if it had rained would have really been useful to keep dry.

Aidan
    Free Member

Matt Page – he organised this year. You can get him on ssuk2010@googlemail.com for SSUK-related stuff.

pjt201
    Free Member

Matt Page, I've emailed you his email address.

clubber
    Free Member

Thanks Paddy though since I've volunteered you to organise it, maybe you should email 😉

pjt201
    Free Member

not sure there's enough room in my back garden for 250 singlespeeders…

sheldona
    Free Member

Sumo is the new fight!

Aidan
    Free Member

Given our performance in the tug of war, sumo might not be our strongest suit 😯

tommid
    Free Member

Great weekend, great course, although the climb was a killer. Great work from the organisers role on 2011.

pjt201
    Free Member

i'd back clubber to win a sumo contest, or a tug of war for that matter. 😉

clubber
    Free Member

Hell yes! Add in a few of the LVIS rowers and we'd be well on for that 🙂

Sam

Awesome weekend as always! I liked the course a lot, sure the push was tough, but you gotta go up to come down and I guess they just wanted to avoid a long fireroad climb, which I assume was the other option.

SSUK location is usually decided by the previous year's organisers on the basis of folks who get in touch with them. Perhaps give em a small chance to recover from the weekend first though.

b_man
    Free Member

Photos here

thekingofsweden

Indeed a great time was had so thanks there there is nothing wrong with a nice walk up a hill with great company,

I really enjoyed the descent made it very worthwhile it even made me go round again !

And postierich you cant even organise bringing your own filling for a hip flask so we'd better not expect you to put next years event on hey 😆

Thanks

ninkynonk
    Free Member

great event, different approach with hiding the bikes by colour !

loved the mini-bike race and tug of war

2 very minor quibbles, not sure if 5 loos were enough and also had to leave earlyish on the sunday and the catering boys were still asleep so no breakfast (not great for an "ample sized" rider).

roll on next year…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘SSUK’ is closed to new replies.