Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sram x9 problem
  • DennyC
    Free Member

The SRAM X9 rear derailleur I have on my Meta 5 keeps sticking on my 34T sprocket on the cassette and won't change back down again without a small nudge.
    I can let the tension off the cable but the parallellogram sticks and will not change down again until I have tapped it with my foot/hand.
    Once off the 34T sprocket it seems to work fine the whole way back down to the 11T sprocket.
    It is almost as though the spring in the parrallelogram is not strong enough to change its shape when at maximum extension.
    I have done everything I can think of; I have GT85ed and lubed up the joints in the mechanism (I am unable to take it apart to give it a proper clean due to the nature of the construction) cleaned and lubed the newly changed cable and housing.
    I am just wondering if I have missed anything or whether anyone else has had this problem with their X9. Advice please.
    By the way the rear derailleur came with the bike and is 14 months old and has had very little abuse and the bike has been hardly used in the last 6 months.

Cheers
    DennyC

Bendigo
    Free Member

I had exactly the same problem – I read on here somewhere that it is a common problem due to a dodgy batch of X9 rear mechs.

My LBS sent it back to fishers who replaced it under warranty – suggest you do the same!

radoggair
    Free Member

Happens on my X0 mech as well, once its shifted once (eventually) you slam it up and down the block a few times and it works perfectly. If i had the choice, and it didn't come with the bike, i'd have XTR everyday

retro83
    Free Member

is the b-limit screw set properly?

shedfull
    Free Member

Here's a thread I started with a near identical question. It still sticks in 1st but has freed up a bit with lots of GT85 and a bit of wear and tear so drops into 9th with no problem now.

tandemwarriors

Had exactly the same problem when we had the tandem out on Friday and again today. Get a big loop of cable at the mech but it just holds on the 34t until it jolts off and then shoots down the block. The 11t is a but of a struggle. Will attack it with some penetrating oil, thanks shedfull.

Rob

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sram x9 problem’ is closed to new replies.