• This topic has 22 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by gamo.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Squirt lube?
  • gamo
    Free Member

Just degreased and applied this as instructed, it has dried in/on overnight but still feels really tacky on the chain, will this change when i ride the bike? because at the moment it feels like it is going to get manky with all the dust about.

grievoustim
    Free Member

it wont

it will be fine – the excess just kind of falls off

terrahawk
    Free Member

I applied a double helping of Squirt to my chain before UK24, it ended up with waxy blobs on it.
    it didn't attract dirt though and got me through 18 laps of the race without needing to be reapplied.

great stuff.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I have some to try but I'm putting off the degreasing the chain job until I can't think of another thing to post

neninja
    Free Member

I got some of this the other day based on so many people raving about it.

It seems to be pretty good. My drive chain runs almost silently now and shifting has definitely improved.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

How did you clean the chain? How did you dry the chain before applying the Squirt?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I just got a sample pack this morning.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I am now using squirt on 3 bikes

on each one I took the chain off the bike (powerlinks help here) and cleaned the chain in a jam jar of white spirit. Left it to dry, then wiped it down with a cloth before putting the chain on the bike and applying a first coat of squirt.

i then put another coat on after the 1st coat has dried.

you need to clean the chain if its brand new too – to get the lube most chains have on them when they are sold

MRanger156
    Free Member

Nearly finished my sample bottle – great stuff but need a clean chain to start.

turnercraig
    Free Member

Where can I get one of these sample bottles, heard a lot of people recommending it and want to give it a go.

How long does it last for after being applied?

gamo
    Free Member

I soaked it in degreaser,gave it a scrub then another soaking in hot soapy water rinse and left to dry in the sun!
    And well done at the uk24 terrahawk.

nuke

Where can I get one of these sample bottles

http://www.in2dust.co.uk/Contact_Us.php

Got mine the other week. Yet to try it as currently giving some Rock n Roll Gold a try.

wonnyj
    Free Member

You can get a sample from their website here:
    http://www.in2dust.co.uk/index.html

…but I bought a bottle from them yesterday.

turnercraig
    Free Member

Thanks Nuke

DickBarton

Flying Fox Bikes has just become a supplier of the stuff – it is seriously good, I'm considering trying it on my gear cables as well as I run complete cable runs end-to-end so sticking some of this stuff in could prolong the smoothness (or it could go horribly wrong!)…

martinxyz
    Free Member

seems to do the trick and not too messy.

still like purple extreme though.

househusband

Great stuff, Gav. I degreased my chain in petrol – maybe you've still got remnants of previous lube gumming it up?

coastkid
    Free Member

used squirt since last autumn and think its ace,
    yeah degrease new chains first then pile it on and excess just falls off,
    i ride on sandy trails/beach alot and this stuff works a treat with no sand sticking and clean sprockets/chainrings 😮

ollie
    Free Member

+1 for squirt here too. Got my free sample and have to say I'm very impressed. Seems to last quite well and is a lot easier to clean your chain and re-apply.

Nezbo
    Free Member

I used sqrirt for the CRC mtb marathon and it was 'DRY' but my chain was happly not sqieeking etc…

I have a question ❓

Do you have to degrease a new chain or will it go on to the waxie/greasie stuff that is on the chain from new?

ollie
    Free Member

Do you have to degrease a new chain or will it go on to the waxie/greasie stuff that is on the chain from new?

You have to degrease it.

coastkid
    Free Member

squirt are bringing out a degreaser soon to sell along with the lube if needed for doing just that…
    here is there website

gamo
    Free Member

Needn't have worried 22 miles last night and nearly as clean at the end of the ride! drivetrain def quieter than than rock n roll extreme which i have used for a while, so all good 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Squirt lube?’ is closed to new replies.