Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Spotify…
  • ojom
    Free Member

Just typed in The Levellers – used to be right into them in my school days, they are the reason i play a didgeridoo instead of a proper instrument.

Anyway… what a great wee thing to have. Great when you are pissed as well i would imagine.

The weird thing is i remember all the lyrics to songs i have not heard for 10 years. Cool!

sc-xc

Levellers are ace, first saw them in '89 and have been watching them ever since. See if you can dig up some Newcranes, Cropdusters & After Hours if you like the folk punk thing…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Carter USM. nuff said.

DavidB
    Free Member

I remember when the Levellers drove the van for my mates band when they played gigs in London. Used to know Jeremy, Charlie and John back in the eightees, and can remember well watching them shadow box round the radio as we listened to the Tyson/Bruno fight..peace and love..my arse

GrahamS

Spotify is excellent isn't it?

If anyone hasn't tried it then I highly recommend it.

Pembo
    Free Member

Seconded Graham. I'm still on the free version as the ads are no hassle. But I have an android phone so I'm thinking of upgrading to the £10 a month plan, anyone else tried the mobile version?

BoardinBob

Invite only for the free version now

rOcKeTdOg

spotify for your mobile too now, subs only though

Hairyleggedone
    Free Member

I am not too up on spotify, but am I correct in thinking it is teh worlds largest music collection that you can play as much as you like once you have subscribed?

Pembo
    Free Member

Yes, the free version mean you get ads but they are not as frequent as commercial radio. You just build your own playlists same as your MP3/ipod but you have access to nearly unlimited music. You can also browse and play other peoples playlists if they choose to share them.

For £10 a month you get the ad free version and the mobile version. The mobile version also allows you to download selected tracks so if you are going somewhere without a mobile signal e.g. the london underground you can still keep listening. Any downloaded tracks are erased after 30 days. Some peope are saying it will kill itunes, only time will tell.

TheSwede
    Free Member
    GrahamS

Some peope are saying it will kill itunes, only time will tell.

I suspect it is a matter of time before Apple offer the same service via iTunes.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Saw the Levellers at the Big Session this year. Disappointing as they seemed to be going though the motions. Mate who has seen them since the early days agreed.

Spotify is wonderful. Saved me a fortune buying over hyped CDs as you get to try before you buy. Streamed to a Squeezebox I reckon it would be the ultimate party jukebox

thegreatape
    Free Member

Some peope are saying it will kill itunes, only time will tell.

I've not used iTunes since downloading Spotify.

BoardinBob

I sold my entire CD collection (400+) since downloading Spotify!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Spotify…’ is closed to new replies.