• This topic has 19 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Sponsoship request for an epic challenge and worthy cause.
  • LoCo
    Free Member

Hi Dave Buchanan one of the Loco Bm team riders is attempting the Guiness world record for the longest distance covered on a mountain bike in 48 hours in aid of CLIC, please sponsor him if you can for this worthy cause, thanks.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=thehobbitstale

http://www.davebuchanan.co.uk/

LoCo
    Free Member

bump

stevede
    Free Member

Good luck to Dave, epic challenge indeed, CLIC is a very worthy cause, when my 4 year old daughter was diagnosed with cancer a couple of years ago we had to go to Bristol for treatment leaving our family home in West Cornwall for the best part of 18 months, CLIC sargent provided us with a home from home for our duration in Bristol which made life so much easier, they provided social care, housekeepers, days out whilst we had any breaks in treatment and now that we’re home they fund a mobile nurse who comes out to families like ourselves to do routine things like blood/urine tests which minimise the amount of time we now have to go to hospital. Without the support of CLIC our last couple of years would have been a lot more stressfull.
    I’m also raising money for CLIC by attempting JOGLE in 7 days in August, my first time on a road bike was a month ago but the training is now going well!
    Just about to donate, i’ve seen first hand where this cash goes.
    Cheers,
    Steve

LoCo
    Free Member

Steve thank you for the post and hope everything is ok now.

If anyone else can spare any cash it would be great if we could reach get near the target amount.

Thanks Simon.

LoCo
    Free Member

bump 😀

robkhoo
    Free Member

bump. Come on you lot, stick your hands in your pockets and donate a few quid. Dave will be riding non stop for 50 hours or so to raise money for kids with cancer, so sponsor him!

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=thehobbitstale

Shergie
    Free Member

Ive seen how much commitment and determination just sorting this thing out has taken, never mind the riding! Just stop and think about this for a moment, 2 24hr solos one after the other and then a bit more just beacuse…

bullheart
    Free Member

Done. When I was first diagnosed with cancer someone from here sent me his link. The Bullheart JOGLE and the Bullheart escapades for this year were inspired by his response to his diagnosis. The fella is a hero of mine.

Good luck Dave

almightydutch
    Free Member

Met dave last year when my friend was planning a Midlands to Amsterdam by MTB ride. Very nice chap and what he has been through makes you realise how determined people are. If anyone can break the record the Hobbitis your man.

Top guy and went right out of his way to help my mate out.

whytetrash

Yep he’s an inspiration!

I did half his planned challenge last yr in 3 and a bit days and that was tough!…beer/cider fuelled evenings may have contributed though 🙂

You can follow his progress…weathers a bit crap in N Wales at the mo so that wont help

Dig deep folks

dasilva
    Free Member

Looks like he’s bang on schedule. Just about to leave work to go meet Dave at Nant Yr Arian for the night shift and ride with him to CyB.

richwales

30 plus hours and going strong. Keep it up dave!!
    more info here

MaD
    Free Member

Currently coursing around Llyn Brianne reservoir. Some vile weather conditions yesterday, a gruelling headwind heading up towards Caenarfan, some torrential rain showers on and off all day and it got very chilly over night, but the sun’s finally making an appearance now so that’s got help…..Go Dave 🙂

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

he’s done it – 721km in 58 hours…

some details here – http://www.muchbetteradventures.com/news/view/278/uk-rider-breaks-mountain-bike-world-record

bloody amazing

cynic-al
    Free Member

If any of you have any money left…

http://www.justgiving.com/alanscole

dreednya

721km in 58 hours – blimey, simply amazing. Well done Dave :o)

LoCo
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, have just woken up after about 18 hours sleep having followed Dave on this epic journey, but how could I possibly complain considering what he’s just done.

What sticks in my mind the whole way through was Dave’s good humour and constant thanks to all the people who were there as support crew and fellow riders ( some of these guys riding for long periods of time in really bad conditions, legends!) that kept him company.

Saturday night was absolutley horrible in really remote areas of Mid Wales with heavy rain, wind and really low temps and exposed sections in the mountains, conditions that would have broken virtually anyone.

The support crew were all brilliant again even in the middle of the night in minging conditions having a laugh, Scott and Huw who shared my van with me rode over 24 hours combined with Dave over some of the worse sections contributed to the van’s ‘interesting’ aroma kept me awake and navigated (to perfection I might add)as well as Huw driving for a bit as well while I got a bit of sleep dispite having ridden.

Massive thanks to everyone involved I’m privileged to have been involed with this challenge 😀 a really great bunch of people.

Right, I think that’s enough from me anyone interested in reading more and/or donating follow the links on the Hobbits tale site:

http://www.davebuchanan.co.uk/links/

I’m off to find a lot of food 😛

LoCo
    Free Member

A few stats on this 721km. 22300m ascent 😯

rickon
    Free Member

I wouldn’t have said my navigating was to ‘perfection’, at one point I couldn’t figure out what the maps were supposed to be….. something about them not being stitched together… basically the conclusion was that I’m an idiot. 🙂

I had an awesome time supporting Dave, with the privilege to ride with him from night, through the dawn to lunchtime. We rode through some simply stunning scenery, while I chuntered on about pretty cows, ugly sheep, macaroni cheese pizzas and a load of weird stuff not fit for sane people’s ears.

I am blown away by how after riding for 48 hours he could still drop me and Rich Holmes on a descent, and sprint uphill out of the saddle.

On the way back into Cardiff, Dave turned to me and said ‘Now I know I can ride forever’. He can, and bugger me, can he do it well.

Legendary.

LoCo
    Free Member

Bump for the last time, any more donations to Clic would be great guys just put £50 in myself 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Sponsoship request for an epic challenge and worthy cause.’ is closed to new replies.