Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Spokebloke Fireball or B'stid Mickey Mouse light?
  • Eyepic
    Free Member

I am looking to buy a light and am wondering which of these two fine (but reasonably cheap) lights to get… I know stupid really … just as it gets lighter I want to buy a light.

Spoke seems a good guy and so far I have had great service off him (I am a fat bugger and he does bigger size T-shirs without any fuss) but his light is 1100 lumens (less than micky mouse which is 1400) and costs more than Micky Mouse light…. Anyone seen/experienced both?

Anyone able to persuade me that I need to spend my illgotten gains with trustworthy nice guy with a good sense of humour?

Or should I buy the cheaper light with a better output?

(Spokebloke ….. happy to have comments from you coz I like your T-Shirts).

All the very best

David

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’d say the fireball is a definite 1100 lumens. I had it to replace my trusty airbike p7 and it completely blows it out of the water. I couldn’t believe it on the high setting

sweepy
    Free Member

Theres a few cheaper light sets about these days, but the one you rarely see people talking about is the mickey mouse one, I reckon theres a reason for that.
    Im working on the basis that its getting lighter now, and stuff seems to progress so fast, that i reckon i’ll wait till autumn now.

Tonolina
    Free Member

DealExtreme has the new XML Magicshine available – advertised as 1000 lumens.

Eyepic
    Free Member

Had considered waiting until Autumn …. but am looking to commute during Summer so lights may be of use to stop some Chav mowing me down on the road.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Right. Dont argue!

I’ve got an original MS bastid. a+

A “mickey mouse” bastid. a++

3 MTE SSC P7 torches (A) 2 mode and 5(A+) mode.

A recent MTE XLM(?) torch whose details I cant find anywhere (from kai domain). However it’s spill is so bright it wipes out all P7/Magicshines that I own.

Overall – P7 stuff is brill – but last year. If you can hold off til next autumn (our northern hemsisphere) you’ll get your moneys worth.

Why oh why dont my plus signs appear??

Or look at Spoke’s stuff. I’ve no experience with it.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Whats a mickey mouse bastid? Is it the one with 3 lights bolted together? http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ssc-p7-2-xp-e-16w-3-mode-1400-lumen-led-bike-light-set-4-18650-included-36018 If so apparently they will not stay up right on the bars because of the weight.

As above just noticed DX are now doing a 1000 lumen bastid light. http://www.dealextreme.com/p/mj-808e-ha-iii-cree-xm-lt60-3-mode-1000-lumen-led-bike-light-set-4×18650-57100. For about £49. However the drawback looks as though it comes with the old style battery which isnt very reliable where as the older 900 lumen bastid light comes with an updated battery… All the test of the old 900 lumen bastid light said it produced in reality about 600-700 lumens not 900 so I would expect the new 1000 to have a similar drop, but who knows…

The spoke bloke fireball is the same as this the one from here http://www.lightandgo.com/ £80 as opposed to £140. However light and go also have the Foride which is 1400 lumens £93.

The light and go lights have been reviewd by mtbr and they saw that the claimed lumens figures are accurate.

If your looking to spend around £150 then trouts DIY 1800 lumen light might be a safer bet because you will know its been put together well…if your any good 🙂

iain1775
    Free Member

Loving my Spokebloke Fireball
    Its bright, very bright
    Much brighter than a friend supposedly 1400 lumen DX light
    solid build as well and as you say his customer service is top notch

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Spokebloke Fireball or B'stid Mickey Mouse light?’ is closed to new replies.