Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Spoke Length…..
  • jmann
    Free Member

DT Swiss Calculator says i need 262's and 264's……………but…..could i get away with using 264's on both sides of the wheel, or would they be tooo long?!

Any help would be great!

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

oooohhhh. Could get to much spoke sticking out the top of you nipple and you may get to the end of the thread quick and not enable further dishing/truing?!?!

Whats wrong with using the right lengths?

roger-m
    Free Member

You need to base your decision on the theoretical lengths to 1 decimal place.

You can go +/- 1mm either side of the theoretical length.

Roger

stevomcd
    Free Member

Similar question (sorry for the hijack!) – if the "right" lengths for the rear wheel I'm building are 259mm and 261mm, will I be OK with all 260mm?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I built a whole wheel with spokes theoretically 2mm too long and it's still fine… 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

I've also found the DT calulator to give some funny answers. I'd double check what you've got with the wheelpro calculator and then follow Roger's advice.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yeh, I built a wheel last week using spoke lengths usggested by the dt calc. One side of the wheel has spokes that are a little too short, theres a small amount of the thread left exposed (ie not in the nipple) when the spokes have been tensioned properly. Dont think its a problem though

coffeeking
    Free Member

I used one of the online calcs to get sizes for a wheel, it totally cocked it up and I had spokes all 3mm too short. However that wheel is still going strong. It's the too-long ones that worry me, no room for adjustment.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Spoke Length…..’ is closed to new replies.