Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Spoiled!
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

I've just replaced my road helmet, which went in the bin a while ago. It was a very nice helmet, light, airy, comfortable and stylish and I liked it a lot.

Turns out that was because it was exceedingly expensive.

But sooo much more comfortable, sooo much more stylish and elegant, sooo much less bulky and 'shroom-headed than the cheaper ones. A much nicer colour. Obviously a better retention system. Delightful carbon fibre internal shell.

£130. I'm not sure how I forgot spending £130 on a helmet in the past, but dammit I can't go back to £60 ones. 😀

clubber
    Free Member

Bell Volt?

LVIS riders can get kit at reduced prices from our sponsor… drop me an email if you're after stuff and I'll point you in the right direction..

BigJohn

I thought once you bought one expensive helmet you just kept replacing them every couple of years at half price using the crash replacement scheme.

foxyrider
    Free Member

LOL – you got the bug 😉 See something nicer you don't want to go back 😉

singlespeedstu

Al to the thread please. 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

I'm here!

singlespeedstu

Can you recomend something you neither have nor want please. 😆

nicko74

I had the same thing with Oakleys. Ridiculously expensive for what they are, but the optical quality is great. I weaned myself off it though, slowly

molgrips
    Free Member

It's worth top whack for helmets. It's hanging around on your head potentially makign you uncomfortable and sweaty every single ride for a couple of years – an extra £60 is well worth it imo. Likewise shorts, except they are not usually on your head.

sockpuppet

not usually…

😯

nickc

I have the same problem with shoes…

clubber
    Free Member

What, they're not usually on your head ❓

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Spoiled!’ is closed to new replies.