Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Split Ferrules
  • andywill

Does anyone know where I could get some Split Ferrules? (the ones that go over the brake hoses & gear cable outers & allow the cable to enter the lug on the frame, then slide in place, to hold in position)
    Thanks in advance.

andywill

Anyone help.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Don’t think we know what you mean – I presume you don’t mean:

monthebiffy
    Free Member

LBS or any online retailer

This what you’re looking for? http://www.wiggle.co.uk/transfil-gear-cable-ferrules-bag-of-100/

Olly
    Free Member

you mean to stop it rattling in the through run cable guides (like on on ones?)

i fit the cables, then mark/note, where the cable sits in the guide, pull it out a bit, and put 2 or 3 turns of black electrical tape around the cable at the appropriate point, so when it sits back where it should be, the tape pads out the rattle.
    works perfectly

foxyrider
    Free Member

Or these?

andywill

Olly, yes to stop it rattling & retain it in the through run cable guides. They are used on both my bikes but I have lost a couple. The Tape fix looks like a good one.

Foxrider. Its a headed tube that is split down the length that fits over the hose or outer cable & can then be used to retain the cable in the cable guides.

mon the biffy, tried the LBS, no joy.

Thanks for your help.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I think he means the plastic sleeves that fit over disc hoses (and cables) to keep them in “open”, C-shaped cable guides.

CBA looking for a pic though.

andywill

cynic-al, they are the ones. Can’t find them anywhere.

Olly
    Free Member

yarp cynic al.

i got some with my trance, they were soft plastic, and had little teeth that dug into the hose when they were press fitted into the frame.

they were an utter PITA.

tape it, it looks v tidy if done properly.
    just be careful not to over do it, as forcing too much tape into the hole makes the tape crinkle up and go all wrong.
    easily sortewd though, just unwrap it again, half a turn at a time, till it fits.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I had a Giant and confirm they were gash – I’d be surprised if tape was not better.

andywill

They are a PITA as they don’t fit snug & can easily slip out.
    If I can’t get any then the tape fix will be a good solution.

Thanks
    Andy

foxyrider
    Free Member

Ahh gotcha – nah I had real trouble finding them for my Five – have up and used the cable protectors and a zip tie in the end – much better 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Split Ferrules’ is closed to new replies.