Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • spicy/zesty – same frames?
  • ads678

Are the Lapierre Zesty nad Spicy the same frame with different travel suspension or are the frames different geometries?

My mate has a Zesty and is thinking of sacking it for a Spicy, but i was wondering if it would be cheaper to just swap the suspension for 160mm front and back. unless the zesty couldn’t take 160mm.

emmodd
    Free Member

Is it a 2012? If so, I think they designed them so you could switch from one to another. I don’t believe any earlier than 2012 allowed you to swap from 140 to 160mm rear end though.

steezysix
    Free Member

I read in Dirt that Nico Vouilloz used a different rear shock linkage to change his Zesty to 160mm travel – not sure if it’s something that could be done to a “civilian” frame though?

boltonjon

I run a 2011 Zesty and would love to turn it into a 160mm bike, so any advice would be well received…..

Rorschach
    Free Member

2012 share front ends.I doubt rear ends and linkages are available aftermarket and whether it is even financially viable.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

When I had my 2011 Zesty I played around with a custom length shock & via some offset bushes managed to retain near enough stock geometry.

It worked out at ~155mm travel on the rear with no interface issues. I’m not sure you can go any more without the bridge on the seat stays coming into contact with the seat tube. I had a couple of mm spare on mine with full compression.

Rode near enough the same, I had a set of 160mm 36’s on the front to even it out a bit, sadly I didn’t actually like the bike much so it had to go…

boltonjon

Hi Hobnob

Would really appreciate it if you could share the details about the custom length shock and bushes

Jon

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’ll have to dig it out from work next week – It was nearly a year ago now & the bike is long gone now, sorry.

I’m sure I wrote the numbers down somewhere when doing the maths.

dans160
    Free Member

He used a different shock shuttle as on the CF versions it’s bolted on. This allowed the use of a longer stroke shock to get the 160mm of travel I think he also used offset bushings.

Paul-j

I’ve looked into this when buying a new bike at the end of December. rang around a few shops and company’s. turned out no one really wanted to talk about the possibilities of doing this.
    finally found out that it is possible but lapierre are not going to be making or releasing the item as an after market product. bit crafty to be honest.

if you look in my history i was looking for any one with a zesty frame 2012 as i can make the item up but just need precise measurements.

email me if your interested in trying it out

cheers

bren2709

Geometry between the two is different.
    Lapierre website
    Check it out!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Love my 2010 Zesty jsut the way she is 🙂 If I need 160mm I would go Spicy and leave Zesty at 140mm as its perfect for me. Demo in Feb on 516 so could be two bike soon 🙂

dans160
    Free Member

Geo differences on 2012 models are down to shock/shuttle lengths and the axle to crown of the forks.

leebaxter
    Free Member

is there any way to reduce travel on my spicy, i would like to take it down to 140mm for some races, just to tighten up the handling.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘spicy/zesty – same frames?’ is closed to new replies.