Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • sphereing
  • hainman
    Free Member

just booked to go upto perth do some sphereing.been looking forward to it for ages.flung down a big hill at 30mph in a big hamster ball.has any1 else tried it??

Stoner
    Free Member

I thought it was called “zorbing”?

hainman
    Free Member

same thing.you get chucked down a big **** hill in a big bouncy ball

cynic-al
    Free Member

What’s the biggest drop you can do?

hainman
    Free Member

not sure al.its all on the website
    shere-mania.perth is the only one in scotland,they even tried to sell me a franchise,not sure how big the hill is but you get upto speed of 30mph and your strapped in so should be interesting to say the least.better pack my inner shorts to act as a nappy haha

stumpy01

I did it with my other half (we got a voucher as a Xmas pressie) and while it was quite good fun, we both felt motion sick for the rest of the day.

I get dizzy really easily on fairground rides etc. so expected it. What I didn’t expect though was just getting in the thing made me dizzy, as it damps sound so much – kinda like an anechoic chamber.

It was over in about 20 secs max and was slightly disappointing for an hours drive each way and then sitting around for an hour before our ‘ride’.

You could also do a version where they chuck in several buckets of water, you aren’t strapped in and they roll you down. As you go, you slide around on the water, but stay the right way up. If I’d have known you could do that as an option, I’d have done that one instead.

hainman
    Free Member

sounds like im in for an interesting afternoon then 8)
    im the only one doing it so god knows how i’ll feel after it.wont be good idea driving home then!!ah well no pain no gain….

stumpy01

hainman – Member
    sounds like im in for an interesting afternoon then
    im the only one doing it so god knows how i’ll feel after it.wont be good idea driving home then!!ah well no pain no gain….

Depends how you are on things that go round and round. I get dizzy just watching kids on a roundabout or pushing my nephews round on one, let alone sitting on a waltzer at the funfair!
    If you body can handle that kind of movement you’ll be fine!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Isn’t there a pic going round of a girl doing it who’s crapped herself, with the inevitable washing maching style result inside?

wormhole

stood at the top of devils dyke above Brighton and watched people zorbing down the hill! looked like fun…….ish

TheSwede
    Free Member

Googling for pic of girl who crapped her self now ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

If it doesn’t exist could you knock one up in photoshop?

Townfox
    Free Member

Did it last year..

was ment to do the aqua – sphereing but that was called off so the guy said he’d give me 2 shots at the normal one..

First run was great, loads of fun and big laughs all the way down, second run was bad, felt sick almost straight away and then for the 4 hours after as well..

Good fun – but just do it once..

hainman
    Free Member

i had a rough suspicion id feel dodgy but heeho “in for a penny in for a pound” still im looking forward to it all the same!!weeeeeee baaarrrrrfffffffff sound about right???

cynic-al
    Free Member

Actually now I think about it she crapped herself then threw up.

She had to pay a hefty cleaning invoice.

nickc

throwing up in a zorb is not that uncommon. Mate’s son recently helped at a holiday camp with one, most of his day was spent hosing it out…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Nice!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘sphereing’ is closed to new replies.