Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Spesh BigHit and alternatives.
  • finmac
    Free Member

Lookin to purchase a big travel big hitter for DH and sneaky hidden trails. Mostly on the Fort William DH, Nevis Red route and natural roughness around the Highlands. The Specialized Bighit looks like a really good bike for the money but there doesn’t seem to be any real alternatives with the same rides in mind for the same money? Any recommendations? Any bight riders out there? Is it as good a bike as it looks and sounds in the reviews? Cheers

catnash
    Free Member

Theres a new Specialized model coming soon to replace the big hit. It’s called the ‘status’ Not sure when its out but it’s a 2012 model.

transporter13
    Free Member

A mate of mine has a stock 09 medium Bighit 1?(the white one with blue parts) for sale if its any good to you? His bathroom flooded and has ruined the kitchen hence the sale.

not been used much

£800

MrTall
    Free Member

Any of Canyons range any good to you?

http://www.canyon.com/_uk/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=2095

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

New or used?

If new, I would much rather be looking at something second hand for a similar value. You will get a far better spec’d bike for your money 🙂

finmac
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies folks.
    Yeah, was originally gonna be a used purchase. Was looking at buying a really nice 06/07 SX Trail with 180 Totems for £1200 from my LBS’s mechanic, much better bike than the Bighit. I was gonna pay the guy via paypal with a credit card but his account isn’t verified and has limits as to what he can receive and theres hefty charges too so that kinda hit the skids. Its gotta be a credit card or finance purchase, otherwise I would be buying second hand and my budget is limited to about 1600. Thats why the Bighit seems to be the machine….and hence the original question. I already have a Camber, really excellent bike but not quite up to the rougher descents and big drops…..need a 2nd bike 🙂

andrewh
    Free Member

Is a Marin Quake burley enough? Top bike for (relatively) little cash.

sadler89
    Free Member

im selling a sx trail 2010 frame if you want an sx it on ebay auction at 450 atm cheers tony

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I love my old Big Hit (2006 with the 26″ wheels and the monocoque) When you stand it next to my mate’s M1 it’s easy to see the FSR bloodline. I changed it mainnly because I wanted a larger size, and a bit less travel, so now I’m on an SX Trail of the same vintage.

2006 Big Hit Frame M for Sale with 2007 888 RC2X’s (Italian ones) £475, CO. Durham

BoardinBob

Giant reign X

I love mine. Pauls cycles selling previous years’ models at very good prices

carlosg
    Free Member

I love my ’06 SX Trail for heavy hitting duties , last month at Fort Bill I was getting down the DH as quick as my mate on his Big Hit(circa 7-8 mins) and we have very similar riding style/ability.

a heavy duty 6″ each end should be all you need unless you plan to race.

Rickos
    Free Member

http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/index.php?page=categorie&cat=21

Check the Noton and the Tues – both are 2099 Euros, so about £1850.

scruff
    Free Member

I have a 2010 bighit 2, I cant fault it riding DH wise for the money, but over a year I’ve gradually changed everything on it apart from the wheels. I think they’ve now changed the chainguide which was my only proper gripe, it will go across fireroads OK but I wouldnt want to pedal it up many hills, but it was do-able with original gearing, but would need a longer seatpost.
    Only things that I wanted change from from the start were the OEM chainguide (rubbish) and the cheapo pedals.

Bearings got rough quick (no grease) and the smaller FSR ones were seized after 6 months, £45 for MAX replacements for the whole lot from BETD.

Just got a 2nd hand DHX shock for it, but not built back up yet after bearings replacement. LOCO tuned the original Van R to stop it wallowing in corners, worked a treat then.

norcosix
    Free Member

Get yourself a bullit. Mines is set up with totems and handled fort bill and the alps no problem.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Spesh BigHit and alternatives.’ is closed to new replies.