Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Sperm quality Versus bike riding
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Following on from yesterdays thread about donating sprem to a needy female friend, made me wonder if the often stated link between poor sperm quality and cycling has any real science behind it? I know that in years gone by there was cases of temporary infertility in road cyclist that basically couldnt get it up because they traped a nerve by sitting on it all day.. but I am asking specifically about the long term effects on sperm quality itself?

And to ensure my manhood remains in tack, yes I have a child and no its not a personal question for me or a friend, as I am sure most of you will jump to that concluson. lol. ;o)

Any real science anywhere?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The fitter you are the fitter your sperm… I’m told.

Houns

Couldn’t care less, the more damage it does to sperm the better imo

canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

Now that is scientific fact. There’s no real evidence for it, but it’s scientific fact.

D0NK

been cycling a long time, on some razor blade saddles too, hasn’t affected mine.

yunki
    Free Member

VIZ top tip for cyclists:

Trick your sperm into peak performance by convincing them that you are virile breeding stock of the highest order.. internet pron and too much free time are good for this..

I’ve caused 2 pregnancies at first attempt in the last three years..

so it must work

avdave2

Couldn’t care less, the more damage it does to sperm the better imo

Having read a number of your posts I couldn’t agree more. 🙂

Three_Fish
    Free Member

You shouldn’t keep your manhood in tack.

Any real science anywhere?

Try a book, magazine or pamphlet.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Three fish, and that’s why I posted, looking for info, specific to cycling. General info leaflets will tell you nothing about cycling, I did at least ten mins on google last night looking! Lol.

weeble
    Free Member

I’ve been riding bikes for a long time and have been racing 24 hour solo and endurance events for the past 6 years or so, I’m 39 and our first little one is due in three weeks.

RealMan
    Free Member

Pretty sure it does wonders for your stamina though.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Well it hasn’t had any effect on my tiddlers, as both kiddies were concieved around the first attempt 😀

jonba
    Free Member

I do remember reading something on the bbc about a research paper that had been published. Was a year or so ago now, caused some debate on here.

The arguement was that “professional cyclists” doing “an average of 135miles” per week were at risk of reduced sperm counts. The debate on here mainly focussed around the cyclists in question being triatheletes and that 135miles was a ridiculously low number of miles for a professional rider. Was very little on qaulity.

Google scholar would let you search academic papers for research altough you might not be able to get more than abstracts. Same for pubmed.

rugbydick

weeble – Member
    I’ve been riding bikes for a long time and have been racing 24 hour solo and endurance events for the past 6 years or so, I’m 39 and our first little one is due in three weeks.

If you’ve been on an endurance race for the last 6 years, are you sure it’s yours?? 😯

weeble
    Free Member

rugbydick just read the post back and I’d like to clarify I havent been racing continuiously for 6 years! But there’s a thought for a new race series……..

Obvously not affected my sperm but my literacey has gone to pot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Sperm quality Versus bike riding’ is closed to new replies.