Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Speedplay
  • 1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Speedplay pedals anyone got any experience of them or failing that recommend a decent road pedal.

lucien

Lovely, lovely, lovely on the knees – only pedal with a decent amount of float and if I rode on the road still i’d be using them. Pity (apart from Frogs) there is no suitable off-road equivalent….

scaredypants

I use frogs on the road – loads of float but seem very secure

seem bloody expensive these days, looking elsewhere for when these wear out

4ags4
    Free Member

As stated, very good if you have dodgy knees. Only issue for me was the cleats do take a bit of a battering if you need to walk at all – not cheap to replace either.
    Now on Iclic’s and so far so good, but would still recommend Speedplay’s

FOG

I tried the usual road pedal suspects none of which I could get on with even Keos which are supposed to be hot poop. Then I saw a pair of Speedplay in my LBS with a little off at a time when I had just had a bonus from work so I took the plunge ==result – Happiness. Definitely the best road pedal I have tried [and I tried a good few].
    The cleats do get a beating when walking but the retaining mechanism is inside the plastic outer cleat so it takes a time to wear.
    I was so impressed I thought about going Frog but nobody seems to have a good word to say about them!

BIGMAN
    Free Member

i use the speedplay x series on both bikes. Totally love mine!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Speedplay’ is closed to new replies.