• This topic has 23 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by adamsmith709-spam.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Speed dating – worth a go…?
  • dandelionandmurdoch
    Free Member

Should I sign up for a go? What’s the worst that can happen?

Experiences, first-hand or otherwise, much appreciated.

Let the ribbing commence!

cinnamon_girl

Strikes me as a waste of money but someone will undoubtedly be along to share their experience!

TSY is your man for all things dating-related. 🙂

sturmey
    Free Member

Speed dating is so old hat try carbon dating it’s like speed dating but lighter. Plus make sure you have the correct tyres.

loddrik
    Free Member

Just get yourself a Thai bride and be done with it.

dandelionandmurdoch
    Free Member

I’m not sure if I’m thinking of going simply to talk to ‘available’ ladies or just as a tool with which to rekindle my confidence at speaking to strangers!

Talking of which, how’s Swinley looking for this year’s Singletons’ ride, CG…? 😉

All contributions welcome, thanks guys, though I must admit I hadn’t even considered tyre choice for the event. Cheers, Sturmey! Also, if you happen to know the half-life of speed-14, let me know ay?

cinnamon_girl

Talking of which, how’s Swinley looking for this year’s Singletons’ ride, CG…?

Can I correct you? Singletons Social Networking Ride actually. 🙂

Shall I put your name down then? Some folk have asked about it. Could I cope with the flak again on here? 🙄

Torminalis
    Free Member

Singletons Social Networking Ride actually

You mean sexy party don’t you?

We have sexy parties. TSY and C_G are regulars. Phil likes to film things.

cinnamon_girl

Torm – we really did have a Singletons Social Networking Ride at Swinley last year. The thread provided much entertainment on here, I resorted to wearing my bullet-proof vest. 😯

Actually, around 20 people turned up which was pretty good considering the weather. 8)

You all set for Phil’s filming this weekend? 😉 Was there any footage from our recent ride?

Torminalis
    Free Member

You all set for Phil’s filming this weekend? Was there any footage from our recent ride?

Apparently not enough footage, but if you fancy a day out tomorrow you would be most welcome to join us.

Got some cracking swoopy downhilly bits out the back door!

cinnamon_girl

Ah, OK. Not even TSY showing his skills?

Thanks for offer but have another house viewing tomorrow. Will probably nip over to Swinley for a wee pootle. Certainly would be interested in those downhilly bits another time though!

Have fun. 🙂

dandelionandmurdoch
    Free Member

The flak on here was hilarious and, I will contend, basically from jealous people who couldn’t/wouldn’t go.

I wonder if there’s a way to combine mountian biking and speed-dating…?

Maybe groups of two (1 male, 1 female; or whatever you fancy) could head out for ten minute rides and then desice afterwards who they’d like to ride with further based on hill-climbing ability, lycra-clad curves and gnaarrrr factor. This idea could fly!

Torminalis
    Free Member

lycra-clad curves

Potentially very good, potentially very bad.

Have fun

We’ll do our best in your absence.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Not sure about Thai brides. Best go to the Philippines as there’s more chance they’ll be female. Or you could try Russian Sex Bombs

spacehopper

The trick is with dating sites and speed dating etc.. to take it all with a pinch of salt and yes.. basically see it as exposure to other single people.. don’t be desperate and just enjoy meeting new people… no matter how different they are.. oh.. and don’t fall for someone who isn’t interested too..! (Been there!! Ouch..) if they’re not interested too.. move on! You’ll know when you both click.. 🙂

For what its worth match.com worked for me.. kinda miss the meeting lots of people aspect but life is good now..!

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve a speed dating expert. I’ve got it down to 37 seconds.
    How awesome am I?

dandelionandmurdoch
    Free Member

37 seconds from when your eyes first meet until the time the messy divorce is signed?? Wow, you are good.

(Thanks for the hints, Spacehopper. I find takign anything seriously a struggle so no danger there. Actually, that might be part of the problem…)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

When’s the next ride?

philconsequence
    Free Member

if there’s a single peoples ride then i’m organising a swingley (seewhatididthere!) sexy party on the same day and time, we’ll follow you all making kissy kissy noises and singing “deadly and darcy sitting in a tree”

you bunch of relationshipists!

remember you can’t wife swap without a wife 😛

dandelionandmurdoch
    Free Member

A little bumpity-bump to see if the weekday workers have any sage advice 🙂

odannyboy
    Free Member

“When’s the next ride?”

darcy is that your chat up line? maybe thats where youre going wrong! 😆

bassspine
    Free Member

I had a bash at slow dating (you get a whole FOUR minutes) last week. It’s fun once it gets going, but waiting for the start was horrendous. None of the dates I liked liked me 🙁 and vice versa. But it was good practise at talking to potential new friends, and actually incredibly intense, to the extent that I went home and had to drink loads of rum before I slowed down enough to get to sleep.

I’d say have a go, it’s a blast, but don’t expect results…

dandelionandmurdoch
    Free Member

Ah ha, the wise words I’ve been hoping for! Thanks, bass.

Also, is it worth having a ‘soothing’ swift drink before hands to calm you down? And what did you talk about…??

bassspine
    Free Member

I had ONE pint only at the beginning as dutch courage. And felt as if I’d had nine by the end of the evening. Honestly it is INTENSE.

Random conversations:
    have you tried this speed-dating before?
    do you know any jokes? (got a startlingly filthy answer!)
    name three things you like (actually one of the best starters)

One other thing, don’t arrive half an hour early, get there about 2 minutes before it’s due to start!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

I personally prefer russian brides.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Speed dating – worth a go…?’ is closed to new replies.