Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • speed camera thieves
  • goon
    Free Member

The steering wheel spike was first mentioned in a book by John Adams – 'Risk and Freedom' in 1985

He made reference to research by Evans at General Motors, specifically:

Evans, L. 1984: Driver behavior revealed in relations involving car
    mass. Conference paper, General Motors Symposium on "Human
    Behavior and Traffic Safety". To be published'in a book with the
    same title, edited by L. Evans and R. Schwing (Plenum Press,
    1985, in press).

(I know this because John was a hugely entertaining lecturer when I was at UCL 94 – 97)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

*wanders off to speed and fiddle with some kiddies, although not at the same time, as both are obviously ok with at least a proportion of STW'ers*

zokes
    Free Member

tnas
    v

The point

user-removed
    Free Member

Dagnabbit – genuinely thought the steering wheel spike was an original and brilliant idea. In fact, I've just fitted one to the wife's car to make her a safer driver. To compensate for the 'fore-mentioned fact that this will not, in actual fact, make her any safer, I have taken the precaution of not telling her.

It will just have to be a lovely surprise.

IanMunro
    Free Member

(I know this because John was a hugely entertaining lecturer when I was at UCL 94 – 97)
    I read his book 'Risk' from a recommendation on here. A great read!

shands
    Free Member

Is this me or is this place getting full of obnoxious ejits who have nothing better than to flame some guy for a badly worded question. Grow up. If you feel the need to do 20 in a forty limit. Dont get up tight when some one wants to overtake you and actually do 40. If you dont feel confident enugh to do the speed limit, stay off the road!
    As for the OP the website mentioned on the first page should help.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Surely it would be much better just to legislate that all vehicles are fitted with a sealed device that makes a really irritating continuous beep when you exceed the posted limit?

This actually works to a great extent. Two of my brothers Jap import cars have come with what can only be described as a cat-collar bell that jangled at any speed over about 65 IIRC, he found it so frustrating he's stay below it but eventually found a way to rip it out of the dash. Not sure you could ever get sealed, untamperable box though, someone would crack it.

Is this me or is this place getting full of obnoxious ejits who have nothing better than to flame some guy for a badly worded question.

You've not been here long, surely? I'm fairly convinced that every single STW member fits that description when a suitable subject is chosen.

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Skipped from page 1 to page 3, so someone may have already asked how many of the self righteous can honestly say they don't break the speedlimit by enough to trigger a camera, which quite honestly isn't very much!

Well?

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘speed camera thieves’ is closed to new replies.