Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Specialized Warranty
  • mattp
    Free Member

Ok so this morning i let the air out of my rear shock to grease the bearings. i normally back off the rebound damping to minimum to allow for free movement through the full travel. however this morning the rebound adjuster screw fell out of the schock body along with some oil!!!

Spesh want £90:00 to repair and service it but I'm thinking that this should not have happened….

any wisdom from the massive???

trail_rat
    Free Member

how old is the shock ? when was it last serviced and by whom?

mattp
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member

how old is the shock ? when was it last serviced and by whom?

12 months and 1 week old – should it have been apart by now?

trail_rat
    Free Member

it was requiring a service anyway to be fair …. 90 quid is an average price for a service.

it should not have happened i agree but the service was imminent

is it epic brain , the other spesh number or a fox ?

mattp
    Free Member

it's the brain nounted "under the top tube" with the remote reservoir. ok if it needs looking at any way but i would have prefered to have done it when it suited…

LoCo
    Free Member

I'm guessing it's a specialized brain shock?? Service every 12 months, you can sometimes get 18 months out of them but 12 is best.
    Both the Fox and specialized brains have a lot going on inside them and consequently more seals to fail, Mojo charge £109 and £129 for service depending on model of the brain so £90 isn't too bad in the grand scheme of things 😕

mattp
    Free Member

brief update for anyone interested – took the shock still mounted to the frame to spesh in chessington and they are going to replace the shock under warranty as the adjuster shouldn't have failed/come out. there will be a service charge to pay but I guess that could go some way to balancing out the bad karma that i have been feeling toward them.

provided all goes well in the morning when i collect and pay; then this will be another gold star for Specialized warranty!!!

mattp
    Free Member

as above all went well: new shock fitted and shock recall therefore complete. missing bits from original build installed and new brake rotor supplied as the new shock is incompatible with 185 rotor. all for less than a ton.

well done to Specialized – karma restored.

njee20
    Free Member

They are the best company to deal with, without exception.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Warranty’ is closed to new replies.