Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Specialized The Captain users.
  • muffin_the_mule
    Free Member

I'm thinking of getting the 26×2.2 sworks version of these. I'm just looking for an decent allrounder for xc and trail centre use that i can run tubeless with a bit of sealant. I'd appreciate your comments, they seem to offer decent value/weight for the money.

Philden
    Free Member

I think they offer great grip in all but the worst conditions but they do wear very quickly and the sidewalls are very weak and prone to tearing.

bassspine
    Free Member

I've been running them on my SS, they seem pretty good as Philden says, but I haven't noticed any problems with the sidewalls. But then I've had Conti tyres in the past…

theboatman
    Free Member

I'm running the 2.2 tubeless as a rear on my Soul, not too great in mud particularly sticky mud, but a good all rounder, and it does have a tendancy to slide out when pushed. I like it as a nice fast rolling rear tyre. I tried one up front but it let go a bit too easily when pushed, so I swapped the front for a purgatory and really like them as a combo. I know all this stuff is a bit personal, but that's my opinion.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Like theboatman I've been running one on the back of one of my bikes. They seem pretty capable and nice and quick rolling, good volume for a 2.2 tyre as well. I haven't really tried it in the mud to be fair but may try them tubeless soon.

Picto
    Free Member

Ran them all winter on my single speed. I ride on Cannock Chase mainly and I think they are perfect for the Chase in that it is the right type of mud for them to cope with.

Rode 29er captains at Cirenscester offroad duathlon in clingy mud could. I could barely pick up the bike for the weight of the mud stuck to the tyres, but I still had traction.

MrTall
    Free Member

I'm just putting some back on my 29er to replace the winter Mud X's. I've always been very happy with them, light, grippy and wear pretty well in my experience. I'll buy them again when these wear out.

phoenixfromtheflame
    Free Member

Good grippy tyres that roll well and last well. I use use them a lot on all sorts of stuff and have never been disappointed with them. No issues with sidewalls. 2.2s are huge though.

carlphillips
    Free Member

i use them F&R (in 2.0 flavour) on both my xc bikes.
    agree good all rounder and i have had a few sidewall tears, but it doesnt put me off buying them again.

pstokes99
    Free Member

Have one on the back on my 29er – very impressed, would definately buy again but it is quite new so unable to comment on wear rate etc

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Specialized The Captain users.’ is closed to new replies.