• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by sv.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • specialized stout hub service
  • deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

Hi im in the process of servicing my pitch pro 2009.
    off thge bike with trapped nerve and pelvis out of alignment so ordering all the parts for service to keep me motivated!

the only thing i cant find any info on is the front hub
    so does anyone have any info or links on servicing the specialized stout hub? please

exploded diagram would be awesome but what i really need is what type of cartridge bearing do i need to order for replacing?
    thanks again DTD

sv

The bearing should have a number engraved on the side of it.

davidrussell
    Free Member

not sure about the 2009 hub but the 2006 hub is dead easy to service. basically mine is a 20mm hub with 2 collars on it and 2 bearings behind them. get the collars off by inserting your 20mm axle or 20mm equivalent and using it to lever the hub spacers out. I checked with Spec and this is how they said they would do it. once the bearings are exposed you have to go in from one side and gently find the edge of the bearing (there is a sleeve in the centre which you can move gently out of the way) and gently work round the bearing, atapping it out. once everything is out clean it up, gently press the new bearings in (i used a big socket) and press the spaces back in. job done.

just gotta watch the bearings dont get crushed when putting them back in….

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

thanks for the info
    i will go and have a loo at the bearings to see if i can see a size stamped on.
    so much the same as a hope hub with cartridge brarings drive out with punch from opposite sides and press fit in the new ones ?

sv

Yep – did my SSC one last week very easy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘specialized stout hub service’ is closed to new replies.