Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Specialized Storm Mud Tyres…Any good?
  • pinches
    Free Member

are these any good? i have found a pair in a box of stuff and have never used them, do people rate them as a mud tyre?

z1ppy

I believe they are very similar to Bontrager Mud-X, which is the best ‘all-round conditions’ tyre (mud -> dry trails). Never used myself though.

lucien

Yes, excellent – in the mud they are pretty awesome, plenty of grip and mud shedding capability.

In the dry, bit draggy but roll pretty OK – better than some general purpose tyres I’ve ridden like Maxis Advantage or Rubber Queens.

Price wise they are competitive and given they are tubeless ready what’s not to like

phinbob

I like them. I’ve got a pair on one bike and a set of TrailRalkers on another.

I’d say they were not quite as grippy as Trailrakers in the gloop round here (N Downs / Surrey Hills so muddy but not clay), but roll easier on hardpack/tarmac.

chrisjhall
    Free Member

I changed my rear Specialized Fasttrak on my Epic to a Storm Control and has proven a superb tyre. I have run Bonty Mud-x’s over the last 4 years and the Storm’s are equally as good in the gloopy stuff and I would say a little better at rolling when running on hardpack or tarmac.
    Cheap as chips also!

DezB
    Free Member

I was going to get some to run tubeless, but the sidewalls felt like tissue paper. Get good reviews.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

love mine, great allround winter tyres

pypdjl
    Free Member

They are amazing, a king among tyres, performance in mud is astounding, yet they eat rocks for breakfast and roll sublimely fast on tarmac. Coincidentally I have a pair for sale if anyone is interested in trying these amazing rubbery beasts:

tyres

bassspine
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of Storms. Very good in the mud, capable on rooty wet treacherous winter terrain. Surprisingly good in the dry, and as pypdjl says good on tarmac. (how do you pronounce pypdjl?)

i have 2 for sale inthe FOR SALE forum

cheers

pypdjl
    Free Member

how do you pronounce pypdjl?

No idea! It used to be my postgrad login, saves remembering any new usernames…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Storm Mud Tyres…Any good?’ is closed to new replies.