Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Specialized fsr xc comp suspension
  • stevecross59
    Free Member

Has any one changed the rear suspension bearings on a specialized fsr xc comp?

If so is this a diy job?

doubledunter
    Free Member

I got mine replaced mine last year, but shop did it, apparently special tool required, but suppose you could do it DIY if you knew what you were doing..I wasnt confident to do it myself anyway but I did strip it down and regrease them on regular basis once they were replaced…had to replace them after a year..just sold that bike on thursday night 🙂

stevecross59
    Free Member

How much did they charge? I’ve been quoted £150.

Conan257
    Free Member

I’ve replaced the ones in my 2005 FSR, but it did take a lot of effort…

Including a dremel to grind out old bearings and a benchvice to fit the new ones…

Total cost though, under £30

orangeboy
    Free Member

£150 wow
    My lbs charges £80
    Have a ring round. It’s a faily simple job if your handy with mechanical things

tk46hal
    Free Member

£150 is taking the pi55. Ring your LBS’s!

h4muf
    Free Member

My Lbs charged me £20 to fit mine. Bearings were £18 off ebay.

stevecross59
    Free Member

It was my lbs whose a specialized dealer, i’ve found the bearings for £30 and the bolts for £40. Perhaps i should do some more ringing around.

stevecross59
    Free Member

Where abouts is your lbs?

akira

Superstar do some very neat bearing fitting/removal tools if you fancy DIY effort.

ansdy

I remember there was a similar thread regarding a Pitch.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/any-bearing-removal-magic-tricks-spec-pitch-content/page/2

I’ve uploaded a picture of the “tool” I made to remove the small bearings. The larger ones should be able to drift out from the inside.

I’m sure the bearing sizes will be similar.

Hope this helps

A

mdavids
    Free Member

Are your bearings totally knackered?

If not you could get a few more months out of them by giving them a good clean out without removing them from the frame.

You can prise the seal off the bearing using a stanley blade, clean them until they are nice and free then repack them with grease and put the seal back on.

I did this on my stumpjumper last year and it worked a treat, couple of them were nearly seized and I got them as good as new.

stevecross59
    Free Member

Yes i’ve done that while i investigate replacing them, good ideas tho’, thanks.

stevecross59
    Free Member

Thanks ansdy, ingenious, worth a try.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Yep Specialized dealer also..yeh think it was about £150.00 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Specialized fsr xc comp suspension’ is closed to new replies.