Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Specialized Forks
  • Tim
    Free Member

Looking at some options for s/h full sus's for the summer (burlyish frames – about 6" travel and chuckable.

Few Spesh Pitches have turned up in my price range – one of which has the Specialized e150 SL forks

Has anybody got any experience of these? Bit of an unknown quantity to me

Thanks!

Tim

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have a set on my Enduro. They did have early problems, 'tis true, but since I have had mine pimped by Spesh (Under warranty), I've been very impressed;

Plus points;
    Massively stiff in terms of steering
    As above in terms of braking
    Light. Surprisingly so
    Superb at holding a line
    Adjustable easily for climbing. The wind down is very easy to use
    Good adjustment for all round use (Rebound etc)

On the negative;
    Slight steering angle reduction. However, you'd need to be on really tight stuff before you notice!
    Reliant on a 25mm hub.
    Not the best at really small bumps (Less of an issue if you're a little larger!)
    Erm. That's about it, really!

Overall, as long as it has been serviced and pimped by the SpeshSpannerMonkeys, they're really very good!

Bregante

I also have some on my 08 Enduro and really rate them. If the ones you're looking at are 07 ones make sure the owner has had them fettled at SPesh under Warranty and the should be fine. I had mine tuned at TF about 10 months ago and now I prefer them to the Float 36's I had before. Light and stiff as **** and the travel adjust is a real bonus for climbing.

I've also tried an 09 Enduro with the 150 mm 32 Talas on them and there is no comparison. The 32 are way to flexy for this kind of bike IMO

As Flash said above, the only negative I found was when I rode some stupidly steep, stupidly tight, twist trails in the pyrenees last year because the triple clamp increases the turning circle slightly but soon learnt to drift the back wheel round instead 🙂

ollieT
    Free Member

Ive got the 90mm on my HT. First set the brain went so spech fetteled them and they have work great ever since. light and stiff.

t-p26
    Free Member

I have a mate who is selling an FSR stumpy with a set of those brown(I am ignorant to Specialized`s designation)triple clamps on. Complete bike by the way….

njee20
    Free Member

Someone has some on a Pitch? That's a bit odd, they were specced on the Enduros, but never the Pitch.

As above really, as long as they have the latest internals, they're great. I had the E100s on my Epic, and was very impressed.

Bregante

Someone has some on a Pitch? That's a bit odd, they were specced on the Enduros, but never the Pitch.

I've seen a few E150's fitted to Pitches, I think a lot of people swapped the forks out from their Enduro's because of the bad press they got when they first came out, so they do turn up on ebay from time to time and the Pitch has pretty much the same geometry as the SL

GrahamA
    Free Member

Tim,

If you are interested I still have my 2008 Brodie Zealot up for sale.

Let me know if you are interested.

I_Ache
    Free Member

FWIW the Pitch is a fantastic little bike. Size down if you want to use it for big stuff as it is quite long. Just to tempt you into buying a Pitch here is mine.

Best bike I've had.

Tim
    Free Member

Graham'); DROP TABLE users; — – Member

Tim,

If you are interested I still have my 2008 Brodie Zealot up for sale.

Let me know if you are interested.

Far too big for me i'm afraid – i need max 16" frame, which really limits my options!

chakaping
    Free Member

I saw a small Reign for sale on the classifieds this morning that looked like tremendous value.

Might be worth a look.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

I sold the e150SL forks on my Enduro SL Pro and put some 09 RS Lyrik U-Turns on it and it certainly improved the bike, I also put an 09 RP23 rear shock on it and that also improved the rear end.

The e150's were ok and certainly not bad forks but i hated the fact that I had to constantly service the seals to keep the fork supple for small bump sensivity. The damping on the Lyiks is also vastly superior when it comes to bigger hits. I'd agree that the Spesh forks are uber stiff but Lyriks aren't exactly flexy! I'm dead chuffed with my Roval Traversee wheels on it but having the 25mm bolt through on the e150 forks was also pretty short sighted, you're pretty much either stuck with the OEM front hub (cr*p!) or have to shell out for some Traversee's.

Lifer
    Free Member

Glad to see the positive reviews! I've got some on my Commencal 5.5 and love them, had some trouble with the hub but a swap of bearings sorted that out. They look so good too! 😀

seanodav
    Free Member

@ Tim, if its the pitch on the bay, check that the small ding on the seatstay brace is not caused by coming into contact with the seat tube, mine was replaced under warranty for this, and i believe mine isnt the only one. If you look at the pic of the brace you can see paint missing right in the middle.
    I may be wrong but dont think so.

akira

Got a small 06 Enduro that will be up for sale, 140mm travel on rear, 160mm Domains on front and a chunky built throughout, not the lightest but can handle some abuse.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Forks’ is closed to new replies.