Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Specialized Enduro sizing for a shorty?
  • RustySpanner

Any Enduro owners out there about 5 foot 6 or 7?

Which size did you go for? How did you find the standover?

According to the sizing chart I’m right in between (as I am with Giants as well 🙄 ).

Currently riding a 15inch Rock Lobster which is JUST long enough but has perfect standover.

Also have an old 17inch steel Rockhopper which I rode for years, but now feels a bit too big off-road after using the smaller Rock Lobster.

Thanks in advance.

RustySpanner

Anyone?

Surely not all Enduros are ridden by Goliath like trail gods not necessarily omnipotent objects of worship?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Seeing as no-one else has bothered…

I’m a 5’7″ shortarse with a medium Enduro (06 model). Works fine for me with a 50mm stem which I swap for a 35mm one for uplift days. Plenty standover.
    Used to ride a RM Slayer in medium that has slightly shorter virtual TT length, but didn’t notice the difference when I changed.
    I reckon I’m dead on the cross-over point of sizing between small & medium for Specializeds so could go either way, altough I do have to jump to get on when the saddle is at climbing height 🙂

Tracey

Got 3 2005 Enduros
    Katie is 5′ 5″ 30 inch inside leg Her frame is a small
    Kevin is 6′ 0″ 32 inch inside leg His frame is a medium
    Im 5′ 9″ 32 inside leg my frame is a medium

Tracey

grumm
    Free Member

I’ve got a Pitch which I believe is similar – 5’7ish and on a medium which I love. Tried the small and I had to have the seatpost fully extended to be able to pedal properly and just didn’t like it.

I suppose it depends what kind of riding you want to do on it.

J0N
    Free Member

I am 5.7 and I ride a bike with a similar length ETT. My advice would be based on the type of riding you intend to do. If you are riding across country then the medium will be fine with a short stem of around 50/65mm. If you are predominately steep DH orientated then you may appreciate the shorter TT small.
    Best advice is to ride both and then decide.

TheSlider
    Free Member

…but no one mentioned standover clearance – is there any ? I’m 5′ 6″ and really wanted a Cannondale full sus but even the small Rize gave me none !! No shops in the Brighton area stock small frames in ANYTHING but Specialized would be my choice after missing out on the ‘dale sizing.

RobHilton
    Free Member

You lie! I did 🙂
    Gonna go and measure how much…

Yes – am bored.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Reckon I’ve got 3.25 inches to stinkers bridge – probly 2.5 inches to left testicle

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

Standover is a mostly mental concept I think 😛
    If you’re on the bike it’s unimportant

TheSlider
    Free Member

Yeah right holyhutzpa, do a lot of offroad do you ?
    THAT pain is certainly NOT mental !!
    Sounds like the ‘Raleigh / Halfords school of cycling’ “Yes sir, one size frame fits everybody !”

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I live next to a specialized concept store, Iam 5’7 13 stone. I just sat on a Medium and it felt about right. they didn’t have a small in stock so I tried a small in various other frames and they felt a bit weedy. I do lift a lot of weight and work out a lot so I like a sturdy frame. Given my height though I’d still plump for the medium, the standover was about right to avoid an nasty testi meets metal accidents. My inside leg Is 31” hope that helps.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Holyhutzpa?? I’d say standover is really important, as are all measurements, once your on the bike it has to fit. The physical size of you and the bike isn’t s mental concept. It’s like saying : Wearing half mast trousers is ok as once your in them the fact they don’t fit is just a mental concept.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Enduro sizing for a shorty?’ is closed to new replies.