Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Specialized Alias Ti saddle failure – anyone else?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I have a Specialized Alias Ti saddle on my road bike. Towards the end of yesterday’s centurty ride it started making horrible cracking noises about fifteen miles from home. I thought I was going to have to do a Cindy.

Cleaning my bike tonight I took it off and found the body of the saddle is cracked across the middle. The noise I was hearing was the saddle catching the knurled adjuster on top of the seatpost.

I’ve not ridden a huge milesage on it. Has anyone else had one fail? What are Specialized like with warranty replacements on them?

sweaman2
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 – neither have failed. In my experience of other stuff Specialized are good for warranty though.

simondbarnes

I’ve seen a toupe fail like this. Specialized are excellent when it comes to warranty stuff. Take it back to your LBS and it’ll get sorted.

snotrag

I have one thats many years old, Ti model, been on lots of bikes but is still ok (touch wood).

However as a LBS employee – if you brought that to me, with a receipt or some kind of proof of purchase, and an honest explanation I’d definitely send it back to Specialized for you and be pretty confident they’ll sort you out, replacement, or (as I dont think they do the Alias anymore?) credit for another model.
    They tend to be good like that.

druidh
    Free Member

Isn’t that the second saddle you’ve broken this year?

Something you want to tell us???

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Isn’t that the second saddle you’ve broken this year?

Yep, two in a year. I broke a Ti WTB Rocket once too. Must be the cakes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Alias Ti saddle failure – anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.