Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • spd wedges
  • retro83
    Free Member

Want to try some of these to see if they get rid of pain down the outside of my foot.

Anybody tried them? Got a better/cheaper source?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-degree-cleat-wedge-Cycle-Bike-Fit-3-or-4-hole-or-SPD-/181531153160?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&var=&hash=item2a44199308

iainc

Have you tried the spesh wedges that go in the shoe, under the insole ? In a pack of 3 i think with varying degrees of varus angle so you can adjust till right

these ones

therevokid
    Free Member

found that rotating my shoe more toe out got rid of my pain where wedges
    and insoles hadn’t …

Onzadog
    Free Member

Used them and they did the trick. The spd ones only last as long as your cleats though. Really difficult to reuse them.

Did the trick until I found a better solution to my issues.

retro83
    Free Member

Cheers chaps.

Is there any benefit of the cleat ones over the insole type doo-daahs?

zippykona

I have put a washer under one of the cleat bolts before betwixt shoe and cleat.
    No,I didn’t die.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I used a combination of both. Too many ITS wedges feels odd. It works on the idea that cycling is forefoot only. However, my experience has shown that for me at least, the whole foot is involved.

lunge

Yep, I use them on my roadie and found they helped a lot. I use them in conjunction with the blue Specialized insoles. I used to get a lot of pain on the outside of my feet, lots of forefoot varus is the cause, this combined with very inflexible calves mean I used to really struggle.

I got my wedges when I paid for a professional cleat set up, it cost my £30 but was well worth it as the change of cleat position and the wedges have pretty much fixed the problem. I also paid £75 for some custom SuperFeet footbeds and they were and they were a complete waste of money, they shifted my foot to a position so the foot pain disappeared but the change in my pedal action hurt my knee instead. Not good.

TiRed

Try stretching your calves first Then a washer under the inside bolt. Then wedges. I’ve put washers under Look cleats, and I didn’t die either. My next cleats will have no float, but I stretch my calves in the shower every day to solve foot pain in one foot.

benji
    Free Member

Have some of the specialized insoles, been using them for just over a week, at first they felt like a pebble in my shoe, now they feel better than the best pair of slippers, very comfortable. Had no idea I had no arch support, but they have a funky little matt for you to stand on, which shows up how your foot is. Used to rub my knees on the frame at times, with the occasional knee twinge, no more rubbing and not had a twinge since. Might be worth getting measured, £20 seemed steep for an insole, but the extra comfort now used to them is worth it.

chambord
    Free Member

Was hoping that someone had finally invented

these with a recess for cleats

retro83
    Free Member

chambord – Member

Was hoping that someone had finally invented

these with a recess for cleats
    Not wedges, but are these good for you?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘spd wedges’ is closed to new replies.