Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • SPD sandals
  • Jerome
    Free Member

Anyone seen anything.
    9/10 ish
    Leather
    Cheers
    J.

organic355
    Free Member

The thought of having my toes unprotected whilst on the bike terrifies me, honestly, I cant sleep at night because of it.

loddrik
    Free Member

They are for beardy weirdies, like wearing swimming trunks (speedo style) just wrong wrong wrong!!!

Jerome
    Free Member

Would be for riding to work so on road..
    J.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

you will die

organic355
    Free Member

Would be for riding to work so on road..

Ahh, so toes are resistant to tarmac then, or will you have socks on too?

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

That's just wrong! So wrong.:-)

Jerome
    Free Member

Okay so a clear feeling there.
    I like sandals in the summer and I like bikes, what does a guy do ??

daveagiles
    Free Member

Im still looking for some flip flop SPDS, would hurt alot less than using my spiky flats…

…would make change overs in triathlons much faster as well.

RealMan
    Free Member

The thought of having my toes unprotected whilst on the bike terrifies me, honestly, I cant sleep at night because of it.

A guide in the Alps we met when riding there had his foot all bandaged up. He'd been going down a descent, and ran into a motor biker. The motor bikes brake disc had cut most of his big toe off, and he'd had a nice pair of normal SPD trail type shoes on.

Can't you just get a pair of sandals and bolt cleats onto them?

bol

I've got these ones. They look a bit Euro, but they've got toe protection and the feeling of the wind in your toes is lush.

I haven't even got a beard.

zaskar
    Free Member

Wrong by the fashion police no doubt but probably really functional.

bol

I'm sure that even the actual police think they're wrong. I don't care. I do draw the line at socks though.

steelfan
    Free Member

How About these by Keen?
    Keen SPD sandals

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Are you ready for this look?

wombat

Looking at some of the posts on here I'm beginning to think that my SPD flip-flops might not be met with universal acclaim…..

mlke
    Free Member

Jerome I've a pair of shimano spd sandals which I've tried once but basically were too small for me. They're 45/46 sized so could be the right size.
    You're welcome to put an offer in for them and I'll post them out

They're fine for most stuff but don't offer toe protection so v technical stuff runs the risk of bruised toes etc

Garry_Lager

I had a pair ages back when I lived in London – really good. No real mountain biking available down there, so it was just commuting and riding round town. Nice to have a set for the summer IMO.

cookeaa

If he doesn't want them I'll offer you £7.43.
    I've always fancied trying them out but not enough to pay anything like what they actually cost… So £7.43 seeing as they're full of holes like…

carbon337
    Free Member

They are the worst things Ive ever seen…. Dont forget your bible and brown trousers.

mlke
    Free Member

Cookeaa, they're yours for £7.43 However in the manner of ebay post and packaging for where ever you happen live is forty quid 🙂

mlke
    Free Member

cookeaa

I assume with the addition of some sealskins you can make them "all year round" riding shoes plus you up their fashion stakes – Win Win!! 8)

cookeaa

I shall give thee 40p for P&P, thus making the total Seven Pounds and eighty three…

Jerome
    Free Member

Mike,
    You have mail
    J.

Jerome
    Free Member

Or not.
    Mike my addy is jerrybuckleyATyahoo.com
    Interested – what size are your plates of meat normally

farm-boy

I once had a pair of Shimanos – great for touring on and all I wore in 3 months around Scandinavia. The water just runs out.

However they were heavy, clunky and ugly. They may have improved.

These from Keen look better.

Dirtynap
    Free Member

If you determined to look like a dick just wear a mankini and be done with it, there made of lycra aswell and the the feeling of the wind on naval is lush!!!

mlke
    Free Member

ygm jerome

neninja
    Free Member

I never cease to be amazed at times. SPD Sandals!!! Please no socks with them.

Whatever next – string vest cycling jerseys – that would aid ventilation and make you look a wally too.

Rip
    Free Member

bol – who makes those?

My Shimanos are a bit too open toed.

And to the dissenters, it's a bit like your first time on a nudist beach. Once you've done it you're hooked.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The thing with SPD sandals is that they look sooooooo bloody RUBBISH. I virtually live in sandals most of the year, but I wouldn't be seen dead in a pair of them. I just ride with flat pedals and whatever I happen to have on my feet on the commute/road now. I can't be bothered with cycling shoes unless off road any more

bol

@Rip, they're Exustar SS502s. I've never come across the brand before, but they were the only ones I could find that had toe protection. It makes me laugh that in a sport where skin tight Lycra over less than athletic torsos is a regular sight, the idea of sandals is so repulsive, but I'm happy enough if I make people smile on their way to work.

Rip
    Free Member

Thanks bol.

Found them at SJS Cycles. Ordered!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Sandals on the bike are lovely! I wear Merrell trail sandals for a chunk of the summer and have often ridden them on flat pedals. I recall stubbing a toe once, which smarted, obviously. 🙂

FuzzyWuzzy

Sandals at work should be banned anyway, unless you work on a hippie commune. Sandals on a bike is just plain wrong.

epicyclo

FuzzyWuzzy – Member
    …Sandals on a bike is just plain wrong.

I've just done the UK Solo 24 Hour Championships wearing a pair of ordinary Keen sandals on flat pedals. 🙂

Never had my feet come off the pedals, and my feet were nice and comfortable (especially when I zapped through the water splash – bliss!) They were very useful as I did far more walking than I expected.

Yeah, I have a beard…

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I bought a pair of Shimano sandals in the States last year after having my feet cook on long road rides. It was hot enough to wear them for the first time in Scotland at the weekend since then. I really like them, I dont have a beard.

teadrinker
    Free Member

I have a beard but I don't have sandals.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘SPD sandals’ is closed to new replies.