Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • Spa race thread.
  • neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Job done, Hamilton was superb

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Superb drive by hamilton today. Even webber behaved himself

Creg

Great restart to the season. Hope the rest of it is just as good. Looking forward to Monza.

ianpinder
    Free Member

msc up in the pints. good race for him

gordimhor

This was a better race and spa is my favourite circuit but until they bring back overtaking somehow f1 will remain dull dull dull. Moto gp is loads better

zokes
    Free Member

Moto gp is loads better

Had to happen eventually… 😕

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Moto gp is pants at the moment

gordimhor

recently its been less exciting but for the past few years there has generally been more incident and excitement in a single moto gp than in whole seasons of f1

ianpinder
    Free Member

gordimhor, do you always live in the past?

gordimhor

Surely there is something wrong when all the excitement of a race is within a lap or two of the start. You then spend the next hour and a half or so praying for the weather to turn so that somebody gets a chance of overtaking. That is the basic trouble with f1 not enough chances to pass the car in front on the track. Passing by pit lane strategy is all well and good but it isnt spectacular

MrOvershoot

Hmmm PaddedFred seems to have gone to ground 😉

Sonor
    Free Member

Moto gp is pants at the moment always.

There, fixed it for you.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I've been out! 😀

Hamilton clearly at fault for every incident that happened in the race. 😉

Alonso very unlucky. That shunt at the start damaged his car, clearly, as he was well off the pace. No worries, he'll come good in he next few races. The pace of Massa's car shows that the Ferrari can still have it. Just not in Massa's hands.

TBH I'd now rather see Hamilton win the WC than Webber, as Hammy is simply a better driver. Vettel is faster than Webber, but ill-disciplined. If he can tame that,he'll be a future WC, given a decent car. Webber isn't as good as Hammy, Button, Vettel, Alonso, Massa, and probably a few others. I'm sorry, but he'd just in the best car, that's why he's leading the WC. If Hammy or Alonso were in a Red Bull, they'd be way out in front of the WC by now.

If Webber wins the WC, it will be like when Villeneuve and Hill won. Just in the best car, not because of talent. Button's the same.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

😯

Who are you and what have you done with fred?

zokes
    Free Member

If Webber wins the WC, it will be like when Villeneuve and Hill won. Just in the best car, not because of talent. Button's the same.

And I guess most of MSC's wins too 🙄

Moron…

glenp
    Free Member

Elifinsafety you have not a clue what you're talking about. Utter crap.

I all F1 there are very very few drivers to have consistently beaten their team-mates over many years. Webber is one of the very few. Vettel ran him close last year, when he was recovering from a very badly broken leg. That's it.

Webber has always been outrageously fast and often has qualified in a position way ahead of the car's potential. Now he has a car that can race well too, and look what's happening.

Good luck to him, he thoroughly deserves it. And I bet on him for WDC pre-season. So ha!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Yeah but he's not as good as hamilton though

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Elifinsafety you have not a clue what you're talking about. Utter crap.

No, I do actually. You just don't realise it. Webber's not as good as many around him. He's just not. He's a journeyman driver, as the little lad Lewis described him. If Webber was in a Renault or something, he'd not even make the top ten. He doesn't have the talent of Hammy, Alonso, Vettel, Massa, Schuey, Kubica, Sutil, and a host of others. He just doesn't.

Damon Hill won the WDC because Ayrton Senna was killed, and the Williams was by far the best car. Villeneuve won the WDC because Hill had left for Arrows (Why did he ever do that?). Neither were in the same league as yer Sennas, yer Prosts, etc. Webber's the same, I'm afraid to say.

As for Alonso being a moaner; did none of you ever see Mansell? Jeeze… 😯

aP
    Free Member

Hill left cos Williams always can their drivers as soon as they win something.
    Vettel does appear to be making friends left, right and err…. Left radiator.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Vettel would've had Button anyway, 'cos Button's another flukey bastard who ain't top notch. And his dad's always pissed. I'd leave my old man at home if he got like that in public. Fortunately my old man don't drink.

Should have me on the grid. That'd liven it up. Banging stereo in the car, neons underneath, two-tone paint job. Ashtray and drinks holder. I'd throw me McDonalds at Hamilton's face as I overtook him…

glenp
    Free Member

Elfin… The WDC is always won in the best car – JV did that but then was distinctly average for many years thereafter and did not dominate in whatever team he was in.

How many drivers can you name that have always beaten their team-mate over many seasons? That you rate Massa above Webber gives you away as maybe not as nerdy as I on matters F1!

-Liam-
    Free Member

Liam said….

*Waits for Christian Horner defending Vettel to the hilt and nailing the blame firmly at Buttons door for his choice of line despite him being in front*

Christian Horner said….

Red Bull team boss Christian Horner has suggested that McLaren driver Jenson Button's driving style contributed to his crash with Sebastian Vettel at Spa. "Jenson, braking where he did, just took him completely by surprise," said Horner.

What a pair of tw ats.. 😀

Creg

BBC F1 site says:

The organisers of the Belgian Grand Prix say the race may be run every other year. The Spa circuit may alternate in the F1 calendar with the nearby Nurburgring track in Germany.

Christ I hope not, Nurburgring circuit is like watching paint dry

-Liam-
    Free Member

If they just forgot about Nikki Lauder and reverted to using the old track you'd not hear a peep from me 😀

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1305035467458424752#

Creg

Definately, the old circuit would be much more entertaining 😀

Hardly a suprise to see Horner defending Vettel. Trying to cover up the fact his own driver is an incompetent tool

Admiralable
    Free Member

because Hill had left for Arrows (Why did he ever do that?).

That will be because Frank Williams sacked him and Arrows was the best seat offered. I seem to remember that the lowly Arrows car was taken very close to a race win in Hungary. Only missed out due to electrical fault. Still finished 2nd to JV in the Williams.
    So did Hill not have any talent? Haven't seen MSC do that in the Mercedes after all the "talent" he had with Benneton and Ferrari.

Admiralable
    Free Member

Red Bull team boss Christian Horner has suggested that McLaren driver Jenson Button's driving style contributed to his crash with Sebastian Vettel at Spa. "Jenson, braking where he did, just took him completely by surprise," said Horner.

Jenson braking where he did? In the braking zone? Never? Surely it's a disqualifiable offence for braking in the braking zone!!!

clubber
    Free Member

Frank Williams (and Patrick Head) didn't sack him, just as he never really sacked anyone (inc Mansell, Prost, Hill, Villeneuve) – just offered a lower deal than the driver wanted – they were always very keen to keep drivers' egos in check. I wonder if that ultimately led them into the situation they're in now – eg mid table obscurity.

Hill was a good driver, definitely better than most F1 drivers but just not an outstanding one in the way that Schumi, Alonso, Hamilton are (well possibly were in the case of Schumi). In the same way as Button is and unfortunately Vettel looks to be heading.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah, at least Clubber understands what I'm saying.

So did Hill not have any talent?

Did I say he didn't? No, just that he wasn't as good as others. Which is true.

clubber
    Free Member

The way I see it, there are four broad levels of driver in F1

Greats – Senna, Prost, MS, Alonso, Hamilton (probably) – drivers that can outperform their car on a consistent basis and can just pull results out of the bag

Very good drivers – Guys like Hakkinen (actually that might be unfair as I think he was pretty damn good and MS respected him which wasn't the case with most of his other competition but I just don't think he was a great), Button, Hill, Massa, Webber who are generally well up there getting strong results and on their day are near unbeatable but cannot consistently outperform the car if it's not to their liking. Basically, the drivers in the top cars usually – they're not chosen by accident (unless they're deliberately chosen to be slower than the team's number 1 a la MS or seemingly Alonso).

Average F1 drivers – guys like Liuzzi, Kobayashi, Trulli, Kovaleinen – excellent drivers in the grand scheme of things but will never pull out more than reasonable results except for the odd occassion when things will all click at just the right time.

Drivers who've paid their way into F1 – Basically quite a few of the drivers in the new teams.

Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Spa race thread.’ is closed to new replies.