Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Soulfly
  • MrSparkle

After mentioning them on the Cd’s post I was just wondering if anybody else digs those crazy cats from Brazil? I’m going to see ’em next month and I’m *really* looking forward to it even though I’ll probably be one of the oldest there!

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Havent heard anything since the debut album, which must be9-10 years ago? great band, not as heavy, and a little trendier than sepultura, back then anyway. They done much since?

Hairychested
    Free Member

I saw them 2 years ago, a fine band. Kinda Sepultura but more mellow. Enjoy!

BTW I was 33 and one of the young ones then.

MrSparkle
    MrSparkle

Yeah, which one of the Young Ones were you? Rick? Sorry, couldn’t resist! Mate, I wish I was 33…

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Sepultura – Arise was a classic. I never got into Soulfly and Max Cavalera seemed to disapear up his own ring and down in may peoples estimation following that.

Having said that Seps with the new singer was not much better 🙁

For metal the mid-90’s was the time. Entombed, Seps, Death, Slayer and At The Gates all putting out seminal albums that have never been bettered IMHO*

SSP

*except The Haunted 🙂

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Wasnt seps “new” singer called Derrick? lol

I was always a fear factory boy, and leaned more towards nu-metal than metal, deftones for example

MrSparkle

Hmm, I remember being very scathing about the ‘New wave of British heavy Metal’. All these young upstarts like Iron Maiden and Saxon and Def Leppard…
    These days I like a bit of SOAD and Rammstein too.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

You must be from a previous generation to mine Mr Sparkle. Im only a whippersnapper compared to most on here.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I saw them last year at the Concorde2 in Brighton, they were ace, the latest album is great!

MrSparkle

swift – yeah, I’m an owd get!

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

i remember going to a really excellent Soulfly gig at Glasgow Garage2 on the Primative tour around 2000/01

allyharp

I’m gonna go see them in Glasgow next month hopefully

stuartkendall
    Free Member

I saw soulfly in 1998 at Ozzfest in milton keynes. Is Max Cavalera. still the lead singer? Bleed was crazy! I was beaten up by a skinhead in the pit 🙁

stumpy01

I’ve got their 1st album in the black case…..the one with ‘eye for an eye’ on it.
    I didn’t really keep up with them after that and went right of Sepultura when that new bloke joined. Against was a poor album compared to previous Speultura offerings.

Machine Head was always the way forward for me….can’t beat a bit of Davidian being played at full chat. First time I saw them play at the Astoria, they played the intro to Davidian and the PA system went down. They ended up chucking beers into the crowd to keep everyone sweet while it was sorted. Saw them support Metallica last yr at Wembley too. Hmmm, might go and stick one of their albums on now actually!!

footstomper
    Free Member

[/quote]These days I like a bit of SOAD and Rammstein too.

mr sparkle why not try a little sadism or maybe masochism same sounds come from all the above, plenty of screaming. 😈

NorthShaun
    Free Member

Strangely enough, I’m just outputting films for the support band’s (to Soulfly) tour tee, who are called Incite! And while I’m blowing my own trumpet, I also designed Soulfly’s last set of merch (just before Conqueror), namely Brazilian Tribal, Frontlines, Distressed Cross & Sun Silhouette!

Check ’em out at http://www.heavymetalonline.co.uk!

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

Lord Summerisle – Member
    i remember going to a really excellent Soulfly gig at Glasgow Garage2 on the Primative tour around 2000/01

I think I was there – Glassjaw supported? Great gig, and I remember it was PACKED! Could barely breathe at times and I’m not wee!

jamesca
    Free Member

imagine my suprise as i see this thread whilst listening to “conquer” which is thier best album i think. yes it’s not as good as arise and chaos AD but it’s still very good.

a couple of people have said the new sepultura bloke isn’t that good but i disagree, Dante XXI is a really good and his voice stands up well even when compared to Max’s.

where are soulfly playing?

NorthShaun
    Free Member

For all of you interested, here’s the UK tour itinery:-

Sun 1 UK, Portsmouth Pyramid Centre
    Mon 2 UK, Oxford Zodiac @ Academy
    Tue 3 UK, Bristol Academy
    Wed 4 IRELAND, Dublin Academy
    Thur 5 UK, Belfast Spring & Airbrake
    Fri 6 UK, Glasgow ABC
    Sat 7 UK, Manchester Academy 2
    Sun 8 UK, Leeds Cockpit
    Mon 9 UK, Nottingham Rock City
    Tue 10 UK, Wolverhampton Wulfren Hall
    Wed 11 UK, London Electric Ballroom

Enjoy!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Soulfly’ is closed to new replies.