Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • so…this ere metal glue….any good??????
  • RickSpangle
    Free Member

Recently snapped my reverb lever. After stripping it down I have the internal metal shaft in 2 pieces. A clean (if not jagged) break and I’m buggered if I’m going to spend minimum £45 to replace the whole lever assembly.

I wondered if anyone has used metal glue with any success??

Would also welcome any other suggestions of how to marry 2 unknown metal pieces together with a cross section of 4mm x 3mm.

Thanks

wwaswas

I’d see if it’s possible to drill the two pieces and use small rods between them to support the join.

tbh, Araldite or other epoxy glues are probably as good as anything if you follow the instructions re mixing properly.

glue the rods into their holes as well as the two mating surfaces.

you could put some Sugru on the lever as well to add support.

andyl
    Free Member

any risk of scratching the bore of the lever assembly?

Northwind

Some of these glues/chemical metals can be very strong. But in the reverb, the original metal isn’t strong enough so a repair’s not likely to be stronger, unless you can pin it very sturdily.

RickSpangle
    Free Member

Not big enough to drill and rod (unless I use a dentist drill) and I’m then searching for tiny rods….

There is no bore to speak of where the join will be.

If it could be nearly as strong as the piece of cheese Sram use I’d be happy.

wwaswas

model stores all sell brass/steel rod and tubes in very thin diameters dremel type drills are pretty good too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘so…this ere metal glue….any good??????’ is closed to new replies.