Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Sorry. iPhone bore alert
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

…but as a once smartphone cynic I am converted. They are a bit nifty 🙂

(oops wrong forum)

grumm
    Free Member

Yup I just got one too. I don’t care if it makes me a ****, it’s the nuts.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve had my iPhone for nearly a year now and while I agree it’s a fun device it’s really not a very good phone. I carry my old Nokia E51 to use when reception isn’t good enough for the iPhone or when I need my phone to last more than half a day without recharge.

grumm
    Free Member

I found the battery life is the only problem – not had an issue with reception. And since I put the brightness right down the battery easily lasts all day, with using the internet etc quite a bit.

cp

I carry my old Nokia E51 to use when reception isn’t good enough for the iPhone or when I need my phone to last more than half a day without recharge

bizarre. I’ve never had any more issues with reception with my 3G compared to any other phone I’ve owned. Mine’s nearly 2 years old, and it’s battery is fine (though not as good as new). If I JUST use it as a phone, it will last at least 3 days. I get 24hrs with my ‘normal’ mixed usage.

EDIT – thinking about it, it’s more like 18 hours – so it will easily go all day.

Turning the brightness down really helps – the upper half of the brightness scale is only ever needed in super bright sunshine IMO.

uplink
    Free Member

I have 2 – both given to me, so not my choice

I used it a bit when I was buying a car with a Parker’s app but other than that it gets solely used a phone & its adequate [at best] for that

StefMcDef
    Free Member

It’s a thing of beauty. I love it. Having wrestled with a Samsung Symbian phone for the previous two years which required endless Googling to find workarounds and fixes for its many bugs and foibles, I’m finding the it just works! qualities of the iPhone 4 particularly appealing. Scare stories about phone reception dropping if you hold it the wrong way have turned out not to be true. Maybe I’m just holding it the right way.

Got it via a quidco cashback offer too, which softened the blow of the initial cost of the handset.

grumm
    Free Member

I have 2 – both given to me, so not my choice

I used it a bit when I was buying a car with a Parker’s app but other than that it gets solely used a phone & its adequate [at best] for that

😕

cr500dom
    Free Member

I`m on my Third now….. Has a 3G, 3GS and now an iPhone4

They have got progressively better, battery life was poor on the 3g initially, but 3gs and software update cured that.
    4 doesnt feel as nice to hold / use but the screen is excellent and it just feels a lot more polished, more robust a product.

Having come from always having Nokia, I couldnt go back now, I find my Nokia very clunky by comparison.
    Also works much better as a phone than the last Nokia I had too..

ahwiles
    Free Member

how do you know if someone has an iphone?

they’ll tell you, constantly.

cp

how do you know if someone wants an iphone?

Keep popping up the same old jokes.

Jamie
    Free Member

ahwiles:
    how do you know if someone has an iphone?

they’ll tell you, constantly.

Have I told you I have got an…..

crotchrocket
    Free Member

The nice thing about the iphone4 is that the battery does last all day. Left home this morning at 7 and I’m still posting on this forum using one even tho I’ve been playing on it all day.

palmer77
    Free Member

People are dying in the world and all anybody cares about is playing with a bunch of wires and glass…

Monkeeknutz
    Free Member

I’ve just got my iPhone 4 today! Using my touch screen Nokia now feels like jabbing a dog turd with a particularly blunt stick….

clubber
    Free Member

People are dying in the world and all anybody cares about is playing with a bunch of tubes, spokes and tyres 🙄

Or whether ck or hope headsets will complete their lives

palmer77
    Free Member

Good work there clubber 🙂

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for a while, and whilst it is good, its useless in an emergency as the battery doesn’t last long enough.

Jamie
    Free Member

its useless in an emergency as the battery doesn’t last long enough.

That’s a long emergency then.

foureyes
    Free Member

its amazing the passions that this phone generates. i have a friend who could actually give himself a hernia ranting about the iphone or ipad, it only takes a gentle prod to set him off 😀

love my 3GS

grumm
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for a while, and whilst it is good, its useless in an emergency as the battery doesn’t last long enough.

I charged mine the night before last – it still has 55% charge. Presumably in an emergency situation you won’t be constantly on the internet and playing games?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Sorry. iPhone bore alert’ is closed to new replies.