Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • SORRY – 160mm forks again
  • jedi

mine are at 170mm.

[video]http://vimeo.com/37692795[/video]

tpbiker
    Free Member

Whats the difference between the RC3s that everyone raves about, and the Micro Ti Air 55s, which I just bought and noone raves about atall!

bwaarp
    Free Member

RC3’s are coil and buttery. Divey though. Mico Ti Airs are not as plush, in fact I would never buy air maz forks…it defeats the point.

Yetiman
    Free Member

First ride last night with my new RC3 Ti’s and I can now see what all the fuss is about 😀

fuzzhead
    Free Member

re: preload – i just use coil preload on mine, no air – air preload made it a bit notchy when i tried some. I’m a big unit too (15.5 stone) and don’t feel the need any air preload on mine.

jedi

5psi in mine

doug_basqueMTB.com

Running my 2011 55’s with no preload. I’m 85kg + a big, big pack! They don’t feel plush in the carpark but are so nice on the trails. Interestingly I don’t find mine divey at all, in fact one thing that was puzzling me was how they can be so plush without being divey. I find it hard to seperate how the fork does different things but I’m about to try and write a review after using them for a couple of months. Basically I find them very plush, not divey and am finding a lot more front end grip in rough corners. I’ve surprised myself a few times recently when the bike’s gripped and I already had a foot out expecting the front to wash. For me they are better than the Fox 36 Van’s in that respect and also I found it hard to tune the 36’s so they were plush on smaller stuff and stayed plush for bigger stuff… the 55’s seem to do that really well.

Since everyone else is posting their forks in action, here are mine 🙂
    [video]http://vimeo.com/37061894[/video]

I also did a first look with weights, a-c etc for the Marz’s vs the Vans if you want: Marzocchi 55 Review

fuzzhead
    Free Member

+ 1 on plush but not divey. I had similar problems to you trying to get VAN 36s to feel the same way, but very hard to achieve. The Marzos feel that way out of the box. Awesome

honourablegeorge

jedi – Member

mine are at 170mm.

FWIW – I’m pretty sure your “Rubber Queens blowing off the rim” issue isn’t just a bad batch – I had the same thing happen, bang so loud that people thought there’d been a gunshot. And the sidewalls deformed so badly on mine that the tyre couldn’t spin in the frame. Otherwise great tyres, but not good enough to ignore all the exploding and deforming.

honourablegeorge

Like the look of the 55s, but no travel adjust is kind of a deal breaker for me – esp with the 170 meaning my a2c would be even longer.

infidel
    Free Member

Thanks all, will be up and running with them soon. Doug, your review was one of the main drives for me buying them so thanks!!

Ed-O
    Free Member

Mine are 170mm yes. The 55 RC3 Ti is a fixed travel fork and to my mind all the better for that.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Hi Infidel, that’s great I’m glad to hear that my review was of use. I bought mine based on Ed-O’s advice! Mine was just the mini first look though, I’ll be updating over the season as with all my kit.

I don’t miss the travel adjust at all. I’ve had travel adjust forks but my most recent two have been fixed. What some of the locals here do is use a stap to tie the forks down for the climbs and release it at the top. Personally I never feel the need. Besides I couldn’t ride round here with ETA on my forks 🙂

Gooner_Dom
    Free Member

Got a steal on some New 2012 36 Floats! Will see how i go – They are quality – Hope they stand the test of time!

Cheers for everyones input 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘SORRY – 160mm forks again’ is closed to new replies.