Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Sony Vegas question
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Anyone know how to make really good slo mo edits in Vegas and got some tips they can share?

Mine come out sort of OK but really want to slow it down and add some crispness to the images.

Using a Gopro in HD.

ihypnotyx
    Free Member

Generic tips – If you film in the 60fps mode, first use a program to conform the footage to 24p (I use MPEG Stream Clip on a mac) and then import into your editor on a 24p timeline. This means all the footage will be in slow-mo. To change to regular speed, increase the playback speed of each clip to 250%, and if you want it slow motion leave it as it is. I would practice colour correction techniques but I dont have Vegas so can’t help with that I’m afraid!

Dan

fisha
    Free Member

I’d agree. If you want slo mo, by miles the better route is to try and shoot the frame speed higher to begin with ( 60fps as said ) and then play it back at the slower speeds.

Describe what you mean by crispness ?

A digital SLR with a big fat lens on will generally shoot a crisper image than and HD camcorder.

A quick fix may be to try and run an unsharp filter over the footage to make it a little crisper.

It owuld help to know your original source footage quality …. what camera are you using?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Sony Vegas question’ is closed to new replies.