Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sony Ericsson W995 problem :(
  • Ambrose

I wonder if anyone here can help. My SE w995 is displaying a symbol indicating that it is connected to a headset. There is no headset connected though. Consequently I cannot make or receive calls.

I have tried turning it on/ off, battery removal, software updates, resetting and master resetting. No improvements though 🙁

Any advice? SE say take it back to the shop- difficult, it was bought on ebay a fair while ago.

mieszko
    Free Member

I would check the internet for SE authorised service centres. Long time ago my SE was playing up and people from Link told me to take it there. I did have a receipt though. However I think they never asked for a receipt, just took the phone, flashed it with a new software and 5-10 minutes later I got the phone back all working.

Always worth a try. I think that some phone shops would be able to flash the phone with new software but you would probably have to pay £10-20 for that. Plus back up contacts, music and photos as they will be erased.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Use a headset to keep you going?

Otherwise, unless you cn find a solution googling, you are likely to need to take it to a shop (sounds more like a hardware issue than a software one), and the repair or even estimate may be cost-prohibitive.

portlyone

The SE interface was a bit dodgy on mine. Maybe its needs a little clean/poking?

Clong
    Free Member

Aye, if its the same funny connector that used on the K800, then the connector probably needs a good clean. I guess the pins can get so gummed up with filth that it confuses things. It was a regular occurence when my daughter kept chewing the phone, eventually the pins corroded through.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sony Ericsson W995 problem :(’ is closed to new replies.