Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Sometoimes the Daily Mail gets it roight y'know.
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Frenchmen suicidal as we topple them off the top of the World’s Sexiest Accent league.

Really really really sorry for Daily Fail link, but couldn’t resist this one.

binbins, hora, Bregante, nbt, Bregante and all the rest of the Manc Massive…no need to worry lads, I’ll tone it down when I’m in Manchester this week. 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I love a nice Cork accent, some Irish people I’ve met seem to hate it though. It’s like listening to poetry to these ears.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

most of my good friends from college are from Cork. I take the mick out of their accents but secretly, I envy it. 😐

binners

Bravisimo – We specifically chose the venue last time so that we could have a chat with you without you having to beat them off with a shitty stick once you opened your gob.

This time we’re going for the opposite philosophy. We’ll meet up in Weatherspoons in Piccadilly. It’ll be awash with office Christmas parties. Then we’re going to leave you to fend for yourself

Well Helloooooooooooooooooo Darcy 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jaysus Chroist.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Quite interesting this as a topic, I’m familiar with the accents that are regularly maligned in England (Estuary, Scouse and Brummie), but what are the equivalents for the other countries in these isles?

Also, sub-topic: Are your local dialects disappearing?
    Fewer and fewer people round here with a genuine Dorset accent and very fewer still under the age of 35.

It’ll be a shame if those local variations disappear.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There are dialects in Gaelic which are maintained thanks to rather large subsidies.

There aren’t really dialects in English-speaking Ireland, so to speak – only certain words that some areas use more than others. But the accents are still there.

My own accent (Limerick) is much maligned (think Dolores from the Cranberrys) – but thanks to my mum, the rougher end of the Limerick accent was kind of beaten out of me as a kid – and the part of the city I grew up in was as middle class as you’d get, so none of my peers spoke with a strong Limerick accent.

The really harsh northern Irish accent is not too popular (think Paisley, etc)…you can probably guess why this might be.

Hmmm…let me think, I reckon the midlands accent (e.g. Offaly) gets a hard time – if you remember our last Taoiseach, Cowan – labelled a BIFFO (Big Ignorant F****r From Offaly).

Personally my most disliked accent is the Dublin accent.

My favourite accents would be Donegal, Cork and Kerry.

iDave
    Free Member

I’ve known it for years, to be sure… 😀

mustard
    Free Member

Heh-heh 😀 – even though I’ve got about as soft a Northern accent as you can get.

philconsequence
    Free Member

“strong accents make girls sound ugly and men sound stupid, unless they’re irish”

and

“there’s no such thing as a soft accent, you either sound dumb or like a criminal”

😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

But there’s different Oirish accents, in’t there?

I mean, are we talking Ian Paisley here?? 😯

Sexy????

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I mean, are we talking Ian Paisley here??

And I quote myself…

The really harsh northern Irish accent is not too popular (think Paisley, etc)…you can probably guess why this might be.

😛

nbt

I’m rather partial to a Cork accent myself. Dublin and Belfast, less so 😕

binbins, hora, Bregante, nbt, Bregante and all the rest of the Manc Massive…no need to worry lads, I’ll tone it down when I’m in Manchester this week.

Ah yes. You have mail.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah yes. You have mail.

I wept. 🙁

nbt

are you jesus, too?

*bows down, unworthy*

maccruiskeen

Well Helloooooooooooooooooo Darcy

Your double D cups runneth over

chakaping
    Free Member

I thought it was about Brummie accents from your thread title.

Perhaps accents don’t really work written down.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Perhaps accents don’t really work written down.

To be sure. 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Oh i don’t know, i love a girl with an Ulster accent 🙂

Why is it though, i hear a girl with an Ulster accent and i go weak at the knees (especially if she’s a redhead) yet if i hear a bloke with the same accent i have to fight the urge to look underneath the car??? 😳

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Why is it though, i hear a girl with an Ulster accent and i go weak at the knees (especially if she’s a redhead) yet if i hear a bloke with the same accent i have to fight the urge to look underneath the car???

Because if the RWC thread proved anything, it’s that you’re a MASSIVE racist. 😛

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Phhffffffttttt!!!!! (does that sound like a raspberry to you?)

“So Father Ted/Muddydwarf, oi hear you’re a racist now, should we all be being racists Father/Muddy???”

🙂

Edukator
    Free Member

Strange, German doesn’t make the top ten.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2qanQ0j2bU[/video]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Strange, German doesn’t make the top ten.

Danish doesn’t do much for me either, unless it’s being spoken by Sarah Lund 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Dear God the little darcy boy will be like a dog with two dicks after this 😉

Funny that he reads the Mail 😆

wallop

Where is Father Dougal from?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Never had you down as the jealous type Pigface. 😛

jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

did yis all down in stab city read about de blast in de mail

TooTall
    Free Member

I get lambasted for posting a link to the Telegraph and YOU post a Daily Fail story?

*shakes head and departs before he says something construed as anti-something*

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yes, of course, it’s right up there with some of the really bad stuff that the Fail comes out with. That’s why I was blatantly unapologetic about it.

That’s what I like about you TT, you never miss out on an opportunity to say something positive. Even when you could just move on and say nothing, you always take the time to be a nice guy. It must come from reading quality newspapers like the ‘graph.

Pigface
    Free Member

Very jealous me

I never really get to talk to my ladies just whistle on the dog to round them up 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Pigface 😆

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Sometoimes the Daily Mail gets it roight y'know.’ is closed to new replies.