Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Some thieving b*st*rd…….
  • jova54
    Free Member

…tried to nick the lead flashings off my flat roof last night, about 11.30pm. 🙁

We didn't know anything about it until I found a note from a copper on my door mat this morning, seems someone called the Police; don't even know if they caught anyone. Now trying to find out who called as the Police won't tell me and I want to thank them.

Don't appear to have got away with anything but they've ripped off the guttering and obviously been trying to cut the lead away.

At least the insurance company have accepted the claim but I can't do anything to repair the damage until I hear from the Police whether they want to view the scene in daylight

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I'd love to sneek up on someone doing that and zip tie their legs to the ladder 😈 bastids

jova54
    Free Member

I'd rather just smash their f**king head in!!

and breathe…

alexxx
    Free Member

how valuable is lead?!?! sounds mental

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Theft of lead is currently a massive problem, especially in Oxford! They steal it to sell onto the scrap dealers and get nice money for it!

alexxx
    Free Member

Bizzare! glad im a country guy!

jova54
    Free Member

I'm in Guildford and they did a church close to me recently.

Lead has become very expensive and the number of thefts round here have increased quite dramatically.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Just had many tens of thousands of pounds worth of lead put on my roof.

jova54
    Free Member

Give us your address TJ and I'll send them up to Scotland

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

its alright – I have been stealing it from Down south 🙂

Markie
    Free Member

@alexxx… it's a big problem in the countryside – church insurance rates are soaring as a result.

CountZero

alexxx – Member
    Bizzare! glad im a country guy!

So you think only urban properties have lead on the roofs? I only hope you don't have lead on your roof. Pikeys like country properties, there's less chance of getting caught, and if the polis are called, it'll likely take 'em half an hour to arrive, by which time the miscreants are long gone. A great many property thefts here in North Wiltshire are carried out by people from St Pauls/St George in Bristol, 'cos they can be straight onto the A420/M4 and be back in Bristol in half an hour, easy. Don't get complacent.

myheadsashed

Paint it with anti climb paint!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Some thieving b*st*rd…….’ is closed to new replies.