Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Solar activity
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Are solar flares screwing with planet earth at the moment?

My DAB radio in the kitchen has started dropping out, signal losses seem high and it falls of the cliff. First time it’s ever done it. Got the same problem on the TV last night, even BBC3 blocking up and then falling off the cliff.

Ive also lost a multiplex a few weeks ago (PSB2 D3+4 vertical) at the PC tuner which since I can get it at the TV 15m closer to the aerial along the coax cable Im thinking a weak signal quality is degrading too far by the time it gets to the office PC.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

My DAB radio in the kitchen has started dropping out

Funny dat…same thing happening here in civilisation.

tyger
    Free Member

What makes you think its solar activity?

Stoner
    Free Member

because if it was the rain, it would have been knackered all of April, and apparently there’s no transmission problems at the mast site.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sun’s out in Brizzle and the radio is ok, so it must be nothing to do with that.

Stoner
    Free Member

ton knows this stuff doesnt, he?

This’ll set his vanity search on fire:

ton
    ton
    ton
    ton
    ton
    ton
    pies
    ton
    ton
    ton

😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My DAB at home has had a few grumbly noises as well, down here in that London’s Famous City of Westminster. I just assumed it was some sort of interference from the gold plated pavements outside. 😉

Started a couple of weeks ago, though, so not sure if it fits with your solar synopsis.

Bear
    Free Member

More important.. how is wee stoner?

Milkie
    Free Member

There is a massive sun spot (AR1476) pointed at Earth right now, that is 60,000 miles wide, and should be at its worst next year..

geoffj

You guys are too trusting
    * heads to the kitchen for the bacofoil

Stoner
    Free Member

wee stoner is doing fine Tim. Thanks for the concern.

Back to normal for now, follow up in ten days. Big sausagey bandage on pinky and mainlining indecent quantities of smack Calpol.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Has DAB ever worked properly?

Stoner
    Free Member

I find it’s usually excellent.
    Only when we lived in a bit of sheltered spot did we have problems.

Junkyard
    Free Member

mine has worked fine but i am about 5 miles form the mast

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Think the big pain will be from coronal mass ejections (ooh err missus). Listening to the very nice solar expert on Infinite Monkey Cage, she was estimating 2013/14. The last time we had a biggie it took out a lot of infrastructure in Canada (trees and lumberjacks and the like).

More info here: http://spaceweather.com/

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Has DAB ever worked properly?

Good call 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Solar activity’ is closed to new replies.