Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Software recommendations, please
  • Solo
    Free Member

Hi.

I think I'd like to record some iplayer stuff, just to view at a later date, when I get time to sit and watch it.

To this end I'm wondering which software people can recommend, that will record the streamed TV/Radio and save it to the hard drive.
    In the case of TV streaming, to record it in a sufficient res to play-back on TV, if I didn't want to watch it on the computer.

I've used screen-hunter from wisdom-soft, for still images before, and they have a tv recording product, but I'm just curious about whether there may be better software out there

Thanks in advance…

Solo

GrahamS

You know that most iPlayer stuff can be downloaded and kept for 30 days? Or do you need longer than that?

Solo
    Free Member

Graham.

Hi. Err, no I didn't know that. I shall look into it, thanks 😉

But yeah, I guess there would be some stuff I'd want to keep for a while longer.

Cheers
    😉

Solo

damion
    Free Member

Legal and moral issues aside, something like:
    Clicky

Solo
    Free Member

Damion.

Thanks for that. However, that seems to be quite an involved process.

I was thinking of something that just records what you see or hear on your PC/Laptop. Or am I being too simplistic with that view ?.

I'm getting the feeling I may be trying to lift the lid on an IT can-O-worms ?…

Ta

S

richmars

Legal, I don't think you can. But you can install a tuner and record it with Windows Media Centre or MythTV and Linux.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I use THIS to download programs for viewing on iphone/ipod – very simple and small. No idea what to use for big screen viewing though.

spacemonkey

This enables you to permanently download iPlayer stuff.

tron
    Free Member

Use a PVR?

grahamb
    Free Member

get_iplayer will do what you want

Solo
    Free Member

Ok, thanks for those tips and suggestions. I shall look into them, see what I come up with.
    😀

Cheers.

Solo

molgrips
    Free Member

You can download the WMV (windows media player) versions where they are available, and strip the DRM (Digital Rights Management) out of them with a DRM remover, so they last forever. However not all programmes are available in this format.

It may well be illegal but I have no problem morally doing this for home usage when it's perfectly legal to video stuff or Sky+ and keep it as long as you want.

Solo
    Free Member

Molgrips.

Hi 🙂

Thanks for that. Along with the other suggestions here, I'll have a bit to be getting on with.

Yeah, its just for personal use.

😀

S

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Software recommendations, please’ is closed to new replies.