Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • sod's law
  • grynch
    Free Member

.. as it's the holiday season and dead quiet around here I decided to park on the street outside my office this morning. We have "blue zones" here where it is free parking for 90 mins but you have to display a little disc showing what time you got to the parking… if you stay longer than 90 mins the parking police can ticket you according to how long you have over stayed.

as my 90 mins were up I just ran down to my car but on the way out the front door I noticed I tookk my office keys rather than car keys.. so back up the lift back to my office, grab proper keys down the lift , across the street..

just in time to see a ticket being slid under my windshield.

bahhhh humbug.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Agh, the legendary Swiss efficiency 😕

grynch
    Free Member

.. the one day I thought the "service de stationnement " might sleep a bit late.
    no such luck.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grynch
    Free Member

…and… I shoulda been in Cornwall today ( plans changed a couple weeks ago )

crispybacon
    Free Member

…and… I shoulda been in Cornwall today

'erm I'm actually in Cornwall right now – Lol – it's dull & overcast but at least the snow has gone now – some pics from last Sunday

Looking from Callington towards Caradon Hill TV mast

first tracks of the day

looking down the Tamar valley with Plymouth Sound shimmering in the distance

grynch
    Free Member

crispy… we've actually chatted before ( eons ago ) .. mrs. G and I have a cottage in Commonmoor.. ( just up from st. cleer ) … looking the other direction up to Caradon hill.

we were chatting with our neighbours Christmas day and he says the roads up there have been murder…mate says he went off the road just our side of Upton Cross.

crispybacon
    Free Member

It's been a nightmare round here with the cold weather making the roads very icy & only the main roads get gritted 😕 It's now slightly 'warmer' & all the ice has gone.

The ride in the snow from home was fun & the grip was amazing even better than when it's muddy – weird. A mate is coming up later so I might get out today for a quick blast.

You working today Grynch?

grynch
    Free Member

ya 'fraid so — that's actually the reason for the ticket. Normally I'd park in the secure parking lot where mrs. G works but she's got the whole week off ( I don't have the holiday time ) so I had to park on the street up here.

where you going to go riding?

grynch
    Free Member

p.s.. I've always thought I'd like to try up and behind Crows Nest… do you know if there are any trails up there? ( stupid question perhaps as there is nothing but rocks and sheep up there anyway)

crispybacon
    Free Member

I have ridden up on Bodmin Moor starting from Minions car park with the Cornwall MTB club & there are some decent trails up there – if you know where they are 🙂

If you want to go for a ride sometime when you are back in Pastyland then send me an email (addy in profile).

PS No riding today at Kit Hill as we are going for a walk up there instead.

grynch
    Free Member

cheers, I may just do that one day.

enjoy your walk.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Thanks & don't work too hard 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘sod's law’ is closed to new replies.