Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • So why aren't you riding today??
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

I've got a cold so can't make it out – well that's my excuse for today

What's yours?

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Already been out for a couple of hours, now making cheese on toast, think I timed it well as the bad weather is closing in

oldfart

was going to dartmoor with knottie and co .starting to get back problems and as i've got osteoporosis thought better of it.

firestarter
    Free Member

im getting wed on tues in the lakes so have lots of stuff to do and currently on a brief biking ban 😉 as ive a habit of crashing when i really could do with staying on lol

DezB
    Free Member

It's raining and no arranged rides, so I can't be arsed. Walked the dog for a couple of hours instead.

Oh and I've got Sunline bars, so it would be a risk to life and limb.

Jamie
    Free Member

Managed to do something funky to my right knee while running last week. Give it a week off but still painful. Just about to book a session with a physio.

Fun.

MicArms

Going down to London for my gay cousin's 40th piss up. Wondering if the dress code is formal casual or leather chaps/ lyrca and gimp mask. If it's the latter I'm half sorted , but anyone got any lycra I can borrow?

chvck
    Free Member

Family visiting today and had some bad news early this morning so don't really feel like it!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I can't yet- got to take the dogs to the groomers.. a nice 80mile round trip, and if the weather breaks this afternoon, then I'll take the CX bike out for a blatt around Tatton Park.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Dislocated shoulder Monday (overly firm tree hugging whilst riding a bicycle) so weekend in Wales in campervan with opportunity for a ride or two cancelled, as will most rides for… don't want to think really but I suspect too long.

Gooner
    Free Member

All the best for Tuesday Mick

its raining and its the first time our new pup can go out after having her last vaccination

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Teetosugars – 80mile trip to the dog groomers???? WTF???

thomthumb
    Free Member

got to take the dogs to the groomers.. a nice 80mile round trip

you are micarms cousin and i claim my £5. 😀

firestarter
    Free Member

cheers martin 😉 im not even allowed to take the bike for the day after either even tho its at glenridding ;-( boo

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Single parent.

Weather shite.

Had day off work yesterday and went for a proper spin with no child in tow.

…Oh and I can't be fecked today.

oldgit
    Free Member

At work.
    Going on the Turbos this evening 😐 and racing Sunday 😀

Spanner-Man
    Free Member

Working this morning… However Afan tomorrow. Ace!

takisawa2

Cos I cant be bloody arsed, thats why. 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

Raining and dark when I had the time, got house guests now. Hoping for an early morning sneaky ride tomorrow.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

3500 words to write on development's impact on natural disasters.
    better get started i guess 🙁

also off to aviemore for some 'rad' biking tomorrow.

spev

fitting an extractor fan but then off to Afan for W2 tommorow (its only 20miles up the road from me so I seem to spend too much time there)

JonGW
    Free Member

what is this 'riding' you speak of?

Toddboy
    Free Member

A cold? Boo hoo.. Mtfu and get out there in the cold and the rain. You'll feel better for it.

lister-hooded
    Free Member

Manflu …

Oh and it's sh*tti weather

robbo1234biking

mi©k – Member
    im getting wed on tues in the lakes so have lots of stuff to do and currently on a brief biking ban as ive a habit of crashing when i really could do with staying on lol

Im getting married next June and have been told that I cant ride two weeks before hand cos she doesnt want me looking mangled in the wedding photos! Fair enough though she lets me out whenever I want anyother time.

Im having a day off today – rode Thursday and Friday and doing a long one tomoz so just relaxing today. The weather isnt great so I might have chose the right day!

owenfackrell
    Free Member

We are moving house in just over 2 weeks so we are spending our free time sort and packing stuff and fitting a new turbo on the car last weekend. The only riding i have been doing this month is my normal commute to work 🙁

momo

The weather is properly grotty outside today, and I'm also playing sicknurse to a poorly Mrs Momo.

robgarrioch

Because I'm 'working' 😉

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Out yesterday.

Planning going out tomorrow.

Weather shite here today.

Might go for a short spin later on to make sure the new bike is "just so"

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I manned up on Thursday and left me feeling ragged ever since. Resting as I want to ride on Tuesday if better.

tazzymtb

cold n lurgey…managed 30mins on a turbo trainer followed by 30 mins of hacking a ghosts worth of ectoplasm out of my lungs, I'll never eat tofu again!! MTB dulathalon next weekend and I'm not expecting it to much fun now unless this F**kin cold leaves in hurry. 😥

Spud

I'm on-call so chained to the house! Not been out for ages either. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Fecked my left knee two weeks ago in a freak drinking accident (leg/knee/ankle buckled underneath me as I stepped off a train and leg fell between platform and train).
    Still painful and would like to get it checked out at the quacks before riding again as it doesn't feel right. Not ridden for two weeks and desperate to get out rain or shine.

dan1980
    Free Member

At home watching the rain come down and trying to write some of my thesis.

I'm being kept company by Dot.

I'm bored and want to go out and play!

Anna-B
    Free Member

was going to dartmoor with knottie and co .starting to get back problems and as i've got osteoporosis thought better of it.

🙁 Have some virtual cake to make you make you feel better.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Its raining and cold – feeling fatigued which probably means that I’ve got a virus – not ridden all week and definitely in withdrawal – having to settle with watching Pairs – Tours highlights on ITV4 & buying stuff from CRC
    Might turn my legs over on the turbo later

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Had planned on going for a ride on my roadie with the local cycling club but couldnt get my arse out of bed, my mountain bike is in bits so cant ride that, so I intend to clean all the components on that today and I have just taken delivery of a new Hope headset and new bearings. Can't ride tomorrow as the missus wants the lounge painted :(.

scruzer
    Free Member

winterizing bikes! Do this when the clocks go back…Posh roadie bike into hibernation(loft), out comes winter road bike. Down comes old winter mtb, summer mtb into hibernation (under the stairs)…Obsessive maybe but pays off in long run… Come spring all change!

Wife's having to work again today so I'm looking after junior.
    Tomorrow however is another day.

GJP
    Free Member

Carrying some low grade virus that I can't seem to shift resulting in my third Asthma flare up this year – so off the bike until it settles back down

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘So why aren't you riding today??’ is closed to new replies.