Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • So – who is looking forward to Sunday and the new F1 season?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

I can’t wait – simply because the new rules seem to have shaken things up somewhat.

clubber
    Free Member

+1

Or merc will disappear off and finish two laps up.

Or that’ll happen but they’ll blow up near the end and the Williams will win.

or that’ll happen but the Williams will blow up and McLaren will win.

or…

Still it’s nice not having a clue yet 🙂

tightywighty
    Free Member

Hell yes, just wish it was live on the Beeb.

johndoh
    Free Member

That’s it, none of us have a clue. I don’t think the teams have a clue.

What odds for *no* teams completing it, and if that happened (or even a majority not completing) what would they have to do with the rules?

Kit
    Free Member

…what would they have to do with the rules?

Whiting says FIA will stop the race if all cars retire…

mrblobby
    Free Member

Wonder how many will even make it onto the grid or complete the warm up lap?

dawson

Will certainly be a few upsets – Marussia for a points finish?

lazybike
    Free Member

Am I the only one that thinks its a lot of money to spend on seeing who can go round in circles the fastest. Got to love the way they change the rules every year to make it more interesting, but in answer to the original question, not that bothered really 🙂

andytherocketeer

alarm already set for silly o’clock.

think the biggest upset will be that the speculated gap between the top teams is nothing like the speculation that fans are hoping for.

certainly got potential to be a wide open season.

dannybgoode

I am wetting myself with eager anticipation. Hope Williams live up to their pre season form…

clubber
    Free Member

the speculated gap between the top teams is nothing like the speculation that fans are hoping for.

Possibly – it’s certainly happened in the past after testing that suggested a shake up of the order – but the engines, sorry, power trains are such a potential source of difference now that I don’t think that’ll be the case for the first race or two at least.

And if various bits fail without actually stopping the car (eg KERS) then there’ll be massive differences in pace though it could be a bit like wacky racers with people limping round slowly but possibly racing other cars going equally slow…

Am I the only one that thinks its a lot of money to spend on seeing who can go round in circles the fastest

Well yes, it clearly is – they could all race in Fiestas or whatever but that’s kind of the point.

Besides, I’ll bet your bike cost more than £300…

johndoh
    Free Member

Durr – pointless having a race if there are no cars racing so that was obvious from him! Perhaps they could let the drivers just jog the course instead?

But I was meaning – what would they do for the next race if something catastrophic like that actually happened?

johndoh
    Free Member

Am I the only one that thinks its a lot of money to spend on seeing who can go round in circles the fastest
    Well yes, it clearly is – they could all race in Fiestas or whatever but that’s kind of the point.

Besides, I’ll bet your bike cost more than £300…
    Don’t rise to the troll. They die if you don’t feed them.

kimbers

😈

clubber
    Free Member

Thanks for your contribution, kimbers, no?

shermer75
    Free Member

So what are the options- sky, radio five, or wait for the highlights on bbc?

clubber
    Free Member

Or one of the various sites that will no doubt be streaming it.

clubber
    Free Member

It’s unlikely that no one will finish – plenty of cars did race distances in testing. It might look a bit silly though if there are just a couple of cars left at the end though but even that is unlikely I reckon – if several cars blew up then I reckon that the Caterhams/Marussias (and some midtable teams probably) would turn down their engines to ensure finishing and points.

Freester

Yes. I am looking forward to it.

wonderchump
    Free Member

Why wait until Sunday – There’s FP1, 2 and 3 and Qualifying before then! Tune to Sky F1 HD and lose the remote until Sunday lunchtime.

shermer75
    Free Member

Or one of the various sites that will no doubt be streaming it.

This is news to me- which websites? I’ll check them out…

(I don’t have sky)

clubber
    Free Member

They won’t be legit so I’m not going to post links. I’m sure a quick google will find several.

pondo
    Free Member

Hope Williams live up to their pre season form..

Same here. 🙂

thepurist

It’ll be like the late 70s all over again – when them new fangled Renault turbos were trying to get the tricky combination of reliability and performance sorted out. FP1 & 2 tomorrow should give some clue as to how the teams have been going on with sorting out their issues – I’m not expecting there to be quite as much drama as there was in testing. And a big +1 for Williams – would be great see them back on the podium.

PrinceJohn

I don’t think it’ll shake things up too much…

What I think will happen is an unexpected team will dominate the early part of the season, get too big a lead as the others catch up.. the status quo being restored by season’s end.

A bit like when Jenson won it.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Why wait until Sunday – There’s FP1, 2 and 3 and Qualifying before then! Tune to Sky F1 HD and lose the remote until Sunday lunchtime.

^This.

Can’t wait! Worth the Sky fee on its own for me. Excellent coverage.

loddrik
    Free Member

I’m with kimbers.

Utterly utterly tedious. Without doubt the dullest ‘sport’ possible. Though cricket runs it pretty close!

thepurist

Fine loddrick – I feel the same about road bike racing but love F1. Vive la difference!

loddrik
    Free Member

I’m with thepurist. Road bike racing is also utterly utterly tedious!!!

thepurist

😀

andytherocketeer

Utterly utterly tedious. Without doubt the dullest ‘sport’ possible.

^^that’s football you just described there 😉

beaker2135

Each to their own, I can’t stand ball sports but I’m really looking forward to F1

Basil

So excited about the new season.
    Mainly due to my selfish holiday in August is cycling to watch the race at Spa. Woop woop

thekingisdead
    Free Member

people like different things shocker!

the-muffin-man

I’m a bit giddy with excitement! Can’t wait.

withersea
    Free Member

Looking forward to it. my money is on the sly Ferrari outfit. Would love to see Williams do well, top six and they’ll have a party. Anyone seen good odds on a refill overheating on the formation lap/starting grid?

the-muffin-man

Ferrari might not even start if their turbo is declared illegal!

withersea
    Free Member

Really! Have missed that, what have they been up to? Have they been doing a Toyota with a whoops we had a slightly illegal engine modification in our rally car engine, sorry we didn’t know it was there and we didn’t use it honest.

legend
    Free Member

This kind of chat doesn’t fill me with hope 🙁 http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112882

skiboy
    Free Member

I love the F1 trolls, they must get so excited when they see a thread appear.

For what it’s worth and for those who really care,

1. Ferrari have allegedly not gone for anti burst protection on the turbine housing thus saving a fair bit if weight and have instead insisted that any burst will be contained within the natural confines of the turbine. Good luck with that one fellas.

2. The teams have no idea who’s sandbagging and what their own car is capable of but will know by the end of Sunday.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘So – who is looking forward to Sunday and the new F1 season?’ is closed to new replies.