Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • So, Where's Cav going?
  • spock
    Free Member

It’s September 1st and still no bloody news, any chance it isn’t gonna be sky?

Oh and why do some pro-tour sram riders have their levers at about 45 degrees, is that comfy? Surely not braking wise…

clubber
    Free Member

If it’s not Sky I’ll be really suprised. All the current Sky riders are giving out quotes about how they’d be fine with it ‘if’ it happens and no other team seems to be getting a mention.

Still, you never know…

staralfur
    Free Member

Will he be as successful with Sky when he will only have 1 or 2 backing him up for the sprints instead of an entire team built around him?

Note: i’m a road cycling noob and probably way way wide of what is accurate.

lunge

Just a hunch, and based on nothing more than my suspicions but I think it may be QuickStep. I don’t think he will go to Sky whilst they chase yellow with Wiggins.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’d love to see Quickstep winning things again, they haven’t done that since Boonen went off the boil. They’re merging with Pharma Lotto next next year so that might make things interesting.

I think he’ll be pretty much as successful in any sprints he competes in. There might be more breakaways staying away without HTC pulling hard to bring them back, but we’ve seen Cav win without a huge leadout train before.

mustard
    Free Member

Rumours of Garmin-Cervelo on Eurosport yesterday as Thor has left and he’s been staying with David Millar since leaving the Vuelta.

spock
    Free Member

Renshaws gone to Rabobank but i can’t see him following, i don’t know why i don’t want him to go to sky, and i like sky! I’d like him to join Garmin, probably cause i like the kit!

geoffj

Rumours of Garmin-Cervelo on Eurosport yesterday

Heinrich Haussler will love that 🙄

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wL7Phnf9eE[/video]

spock
    Free Member

It’d be nice to have a team built around him again, it was really impressive when HTC decided they wanted the stage and had 9 men at the front of the peleton setting the pace, looked much more organised and effective than any other team.

lunge

Garmin have still got Farrar as well haven’t they? Can’t see him being overly chuffed.

aracer
    Free Member

Renshaws gone to Rabobank but i can’t see him following

Was about to suggest Rabo, but checking the stories, Rabo are saying Renshaw will be their sprinter on the TdF next year and he’s talking about getting the chance to ride for himself, so it seems very unlikely.

geoffj

‘Cavendish really is only this tall!’

spock
    Free Member

Would be very interesting to see what Renshaw can do on his own, he has the speed!

brakes
    Free Member

Cav wins easily with a train, but I don’t think he needs one
    maybe just a leadout man and someone to drag him up the mountains

spock
    Free Member

so whens he gonna announce it? Surely the deals done, and he’s under no agreement not to say now its September…

Klunk
    Free Member

does make you wonder whether he resigned for HTC and has had to find another team sharpish.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Which ever team he goes too will upset someone. Omega Pharma Quickstep – Tom Boonen and André Greipel, Garmin – Tyler Farrar, Sky – Edvald Boasson Hagen, Wiggins etc, etc.

HE did say in the five live interview recently that one team offered one extra thing to all the others and that was what made up his mind.

warton
    Free Member

I think Garmin. spending a lot of time with Millar and that team would suit him more than any other in that they are strong (or were strong) on spring classics, but had no real GC threat, so the main focus would be him in the grand tours.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I’d like to see him at Garmin. Maybe the extra thing his new team offered was to build the team around him and have Bernhard Eisel as his leadout man.

bob_summers

There’s something fishy about this Cavendish/Millr bromance that’s been unfolding on Twitter.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

There’s something fishy about this Cavendish/Millar bromance that’s been unfolding on Twitter.

Agreed that It is quite funny, but they’ve been getting on OK since the commonwealth games when it appears that Millar decided that Cavendish wasn’t quite the cock he previously thought he was. Cavendish seems to be training with the brits in general at the moment and given that Millar would probably take the Eisel role for the Brits during the world championships it makes sense to build a bit of understanding.

winterfold
    Free Member

The bromance on twitter is all world champs male bonding

He’ll go to Sky – they can easily lead him out and look after Wiggo at same time, Geraint is as good a leadout as Renshaw, EBH can help out on flat stages and go for wins in classics style stages – they just need Bernie Eisel to do the other 150km of sprint stages and lead gruppetto.

Originally Sky was going to be built around Cav but Stapletons money and Wiggins 2009 tour changed that.

spock
    Free Member

I just don’t think Sky could control the peleton like HTC did, i reckon he’d still get the stage wins, but it wouldn’t look as good or be as impressive as having the whole of HTC on the front, Sky’s leadout wouldn’t be as big i reckon

crazy-legs

To be officially announced after the Worlds in Copenhagen. There are rumours circulating that he may ride the ToB as well.

There’s something fishy about this Cavendish/Millr bromance that’s been unfolding on Twitter.

Some of that has been hilarious. Rob Hayles was out in Girona with them as well, the pics and comments on Twitter have been most amusing. 🙂

warton
    Free Member

they can easily lead him out and look after Wiggo at same time

Name one team in the last ten years that has had a successful sprinter and GC contender in the same grand tour?

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Millar is a cock. Renshaw will be about as good as greipl, or farrer, or any of the other 2nd rate sprinters.

Looking at the vuelta it seems to me that the new wave are coming through. Martin (tony and dan), french riders, sagan (granted he has been winning for 18 months but he is an infant)….

think cavs challenge will come from the likes of sagan , degenklob, howard. Evan Hausslers washed up since MSR.

Fabu for worlds TT …..dont be fooled by Martin.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

warton – Member

they can easily lead him out and look after Wiggo at same time

Name one team in the last ten years that has had a successful sprinter and GC contender in the same grand tour?

Telekom with Riis, Ullrich and Zabel (granted its just over 10 years ago but LA doesnt help with his 7 wins and his team fully built round him)

was Peiro riding for Caiss with Valverde when he won ?? hushovd with van de velde when won green

kelly was in festina and PDM with GC contenders

can be done

wiggo will never win TDF

warton
    Free Member

yeah, fair enough Margin, but have sky got as good a team as Telekom in 2000 and 2001? I personally don’t think so

Ed2001
    Free Member

Rabobank 2008 TDF Menchov 4th in GC and Friere got the points jersey

warton
    Free Member

OK, I’ll shut up 😳

dharmstrong
    Free Member

I know where he is going but was asked not to tell. It’s “up in the air” 😉

winterfold
    Free Member

Warton – it would be a stretch but Sky’s full strength Tour team next year assuming Cav and Bernie would be amazing and IMO as good as the Zabel team

Anyway Cav doesn’t need leadouts these days and Wiggo can grind the whole peloton off his wheel on French style reasonable gradients

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

sorry for long edit

you get my point though 🙂

think cav will win with a smaller train and other teams dont want to create trains becasue they know when it comes to it they dont have th sprinters that will deliver…..whereas cav will

does nobody think cav will enjoy higher status than twiggo.

sky is a publicity machine and I am not sure that there is a rider more in demand than cav ( and he has improved his PR side massively)

wont be massively keen on hearing smarmy dave b going on about how cavs success is down to his team / management

winterfold
    Free Member

Smilies missing from part of above post

Ed2001
    Free Member

OK, I’ll shut up

😆

spock
    Free Member

Why isn’t he announcing it? not like it would effect the world as he’ll be riding for gb, hopefully that means he’s riding the Tour of Britain?

Ed2001
    Free Member

Nope he’s not allowed to ride TOB because he pulled out of vuelta and cant race untill the vuelta is over.However this rule can somtimes be over turned.

higthepig
    Free Member

Why isn’t he announcing it?

Believe there was a clause in the HTC contract of some of the riders that prohibited anouncements until 02 Sep, which has stopped a couple of others in the team confirming/denying scuttle.

spock
    Free Member

Oh i though it was 1st September, maybe tomorrow….

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

crazy legs should know…..there must be office rumours

come on CL, you can tell us, your amongst friends 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘So, Where's Cav going?’ is closed to new replies.