Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • So, what do I need to write iPad apps?
  • breatheeasy
    Free Member

May as well get ahead of the game at work. We’ll probably need to start writing apps soon.

Presumably the Apple SDK to write it. An iPad would make sense too (if the missus asks….).

Do I need a Mac or is there ways and means on a Windows PC?

Any good reading material people can recommend?

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

An asymmetrical haircut, girly jeans and a subscription to Dazed & Confused.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Was thinking I’d need at least a black long sleeved poloneck shirt. And maybe a beanbag. And must have a manbag. 😛

bensales
    Free Member

There are ways and means on a Windows PC but a Mac makes life vastly easier.

Xcode 4 is what you want. It’s Apple’s full development environment with all the bells and whistles.

Best bet without spending too much cash is to get a secondhand or refurbished Mac Mini and utilise keyboard/mouse/screen that you, no doubt, already have. You probably don’t need an iPad, the emulators in Xcode are supposed to be pretty good.

MrsToast
    Free Member

If you use Airplay, you can develop for both iOS and Android – you can get a free Airplay license if you’re developing for Apple too (I think). You will need an iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad to test your marvellous creations on.

I’ll ask Mr Toast to post more specific stuff, he’s the code monkey!

rysz
    Free Member

My mate does this sort of thing…

http://www.resourcebox.com/

Give him a try, I guarantee he will be competitive!

He started the business up after being made redundant from his public sector job of 17 years!

Rysz.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘So, what do I need to write iPad apps?’ is closed to new replies.