• This topic has 73 replies, 62 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by vd.
Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • So next Friday, whats every one going to be doing
  • crikey
    Free Member

I’ll be road riding, wearing lovely Union Jack overshoes, on the road, on a roadbike.

djglover
    Free Member

a 12 hour ****athon

mogrim

a 12 hour ****athon

Thinking of Kate (or retro-style, Di), I hope!

Me: working, no holiday here. Still, Monday’s a holiday so I get a long weekend.

allthepies
    Free Member

Artist that’s a beautiful spot! where’s the Gower?

I believe it’s in google’s top 5 search results 🙂

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Lake District bike ride, traffic permitting anyway. Getting up there Thursday evening and camping.

boxfish
    Free Member

Cycling from Bradford-on-Avon back to Bristol via several pubs 😈

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Ill be out riding in The Lakes..

On the flip side, Old Charlie boy must be happy his only son is getting married…

noteeth
    Free Member

Clay-pigeon shooting, but with ceremonial royal wedding plates.

That or riding.

jonb
    Free Member

No real plans, finish off some DIY, painting, service the bikes for the weekend. I’m not going to actively avoid things royal or wedding but equally I won’t go out of my way to see it 0 I’m just not bothered. My GF is off on my sister’s hen do so I have 3 days of riding planned. A fourth may well kill me.

AlasdairMc

In the morning, I will awake in either a bothy or a tent depending on Thursday’s weather, then walk through the mountains, out of mobile and TV reception, ensuring my complete avoidance of the event. Can’t wait!

darrell
    Free Member

SSEC

cinnamon_girl

Shall decide the day before, or rather the weather will!

Just can’t get into That Wedding. Normally I enjoy all the pomp but this leaves me cold. I miss Diana. 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

emsz, I reckon that’s Three Cliffs Bay. I’ve camped on that very site. The Gower is a peninsula near Swansea. “Area of outstanding natural beauty” is an understatement. TCB is one of countless stunning spots.

lowey

For Di and Charlies wedding me Owd Fella took me walking over Crinkle Craggs with me mum. Lost me mum this year, so I’ll take me Dad over Crinkles for old times sake.

scaredypants

I shall be working in a large acute hospital trust – unless it goes properly bankrupt as julian suggests

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ll be mostly riding peachy singletrack around Pitlochry.

rickmeister

Up on Skye for a week… Idrigil or Quirang, hopefully Slig to Camasunary Thursday… Post Wedding brekkie on Harris if weather permits. Great week of riding planned..

emsz – Member
    Artist that’s a beautiful spot! where’s the Gower?

DD is correct emsz – it’s Three Cliffs Bay, Penmaen, South wales. Not been before, but heard it’s fantastic and the pics would tend to back that up – Google it and there are loads similar. It would be just our luck that this fantastic weather wont be replicated though.

I’ve posted it before, but we’ll be off here early June too – Castlerigg Hall, Keswick – overlooking Derwent Water.

edhornby

hoping that the father in law does the bbq that he was talking about, which I will ride to in order to miss the hours of utter balls that will be talked on the telly. thankfully the nephew tom who is 4 will not want to sit inside so we’ll go and play bikes in the garden.

Gary_C

Standing to attention in front of the telly of course.

Look, I know that Kate’s a hottie, but…..

8)

Dancake
    Free Member

Volunteered to work.

Taff
    Free Member

Hopefully grading to Wales for the weekend to see the family and fix my sisters car. The mrs watched some Prince William / Di program last night. Not a chance am I watching anything on Friday. Bit worried as my mrs has been given union jack bunting-not too happy about that!

yunki
    Free Member

I’m quite surprised by the almost unanimous lack of interest..

Drac

Working all weekend first one since my holidays and the last before I’m on holiday.

Dancake
    Free Member

I’m quite surprised by the almost unanimous lack of interest..

I am surprised at your surprise..Its not just this forum. At work, at home – everyone I know couldnt give a flying **** about the whole stupid affair

Swelper
    Free Member

Club bike pub crawl,………….

franfloydjuka

Singlespeeding in Belgium!!!! Beer and cheese anyone?

chickenslippers
    Free Member

Wife is watching the tv from the start 08:00 I have been warned no mtb films all day unless in another room on my laptop.

I would love to have been going on my bike but a broken collar bone is holding up play.

I hope you enjoy your rides and I will think of you as I drink real ale at my local CAMRA award winning pub.

Northwind

We’re off to Dalbeattie for a Royal Wedding Commemorative Ride.

granny_ring

SO will be glued to the tv, I’ll be bike building and fiddling to my hearts content 🙂

flashes
    Free Member

On Saturday I too hope to get 4th place at SSEC in Belgium. So Friday I will mainly be travelling, attending the night ride and ale, probably in that order….

onehundredthidiot

Standing on a big hill looking out for Zulus. Apparently we’ll be surrounded.

Raindog
    Free Member

I had planned a lap of Penmachno, but I’ve spent the last two days either in bed sweating or on the loo, so I think it’s unlikely to happen unless I have an overnight recovery 🙁

vd

Another for SSEC 2011. Have cheese,bike and tent. Just need to resist the urge to nibble at the cheese beforehand.

Mrs knows we are packing next to nothing so I can squeeze in the usual serious amounts of beer for the return journey.

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘So next Friday, whats every one going to be doing’ is closed to new replies.